1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.

$1000,000 what if ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bernie K, Aug 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

I know the Martins $100,000 has been run to the ground but no one has asked about a split.

I think what the Martins did was super for the game, was the reason for the prize to attract more shooters, or just a good gesture ?

If so would it not have attracted more if it would have been on a percentage basis? X amount to the winner and a graduated drop to the lowest score of the 10 shooters. At least if you make it into the ten your going to get something.

As a shooter do you think it would have drawn more shooters to try?
  2. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Makes no difference what we think. Maybe next year you can allocate your $100,000 to be split that way. Just a thought.

Gne J
  3. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

Why is it when someone has asked a question like this before does someone come back with the dumb answer " well maybe you can use your money next time, or it's their money they can do what they want with it......

I totally agree it's their money and they set the rules. I didn't say it was not appreciated, by all means it's the best thing to happen in prize money for as long as I can remember and most likely the biggest prize ever offered to a trapshooter.

I just ask if it might have drawn more shooters another way. Fair question I expect to get a fair answer not some dumb one like that, that answers nothing.

Please disreguard this post. I asked a question and meant nothing against the Martins donation, but I can see people are taking it the wrong way. Sorry for the inconvenience. This was added right after WPT
  4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The ATA will take all donations and split then up anyway the person who donates it desires, why not they have nothing to lose ... Why does everyone think they have a right to an opinion when it comes to others peoples money and what they do with it ..? If someone, anyone don't like it, don't shoot ... WPT ... (YAC) ...
  5. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

BernieK-- We hashed this out before. They told me if I put the money up, then I can make the rules. Give up, you won't get a civil answer. CED
  6. shubble72

shubble72 TS Member

rumor has it that next year will be 200,000 and split like a lewis class
  7. Shilo

Shilo TS Member

To ,,,trapshooting hippie,,,YOUR OUT OF LINE ,,,AGAIN
  8. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

Bernie, it is hard to say if your idea would have attracted more shooters to the grand for the the challenge. I think that this year in particular was not a good guage to go by with all the financial issues families and individuals are facing. I feel that under above average economical conditions we would have seen a lot more shooters at the grand this year to take their chance at this years GRAND PRIZE. If and when things ever level back out and there is another generous prize at the GAH I would really like to see it split to pay 15 - 20 or more places and I beleive that you would see a larger number of entries. Just my opinion, hope it answers your question.

J.F.
  9. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Shilo I guess it depends on which line YOU are in.
  10. Patrick Haskins

Patrick Haskins Member

It has been announced that the Martin's have donated another $100,000.00 for next year and a $200,000.00 Lewis amount as well. What great people who look to do something to further the organization and promote trap.
    Pat Haskins
  11. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

Hell, their giving a total of $300,000. for next year's Grand. $200.000 is to be doled out in a high overall LEWIS CLASS! That'll bring in the shooters. Way to go Martins!
  12. Bernie K

Bernie K Member

As they say on the TV show Mythbusters,,,, Now that's what I'm talkin about.
    Next year will be a banner year at Sparta.
  13. Remington STS

Remington STS TS Member

Any donation to me is great for the sport, the Grand program had a big section about quite a few sponsors which I thought was cool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.