1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

100 straights @ Cardinal Classic

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dr.Longshot, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

There were 5 100 straights at the Cardinal Classic, none in Event 12 the Main Handicap where 98 was high.

100s were done by One 20.5 yd shooter, one by 22 yard shooter and 3 from the 27
    yards.

The 20.5 yd shooter was from Australia, you know from down under.

So Cardinal center attracts from great distances, lots of Canadian shooters also.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Let me think on this. I come all the way from Aussie land to shoot at the World Championships of American Trapshooting at Sparta, Illinois. When it's over there's another large shoot only several hours away. I suspect it wasn't CC alone brought them up here.....

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Come on BigM. Wouldn't you spend $3000+ in Air Fare from Austrailia and countless more thosands on car rentals, motels, entry fees, etc. etc. just to shoot at Cardinal Center for a few days? Don't ruin his story. He has been on a real rambling roll today.

4. hfrogdogc

hfrogdogc Member

I hate but in,three of us were walking to our car one day at the grand in Vandalia,OH. A BMW was sitting there from Austrailia. We were tring to guess what it would cost to bring that car over here to shoot or unless they were here to tour the US.

5. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Another thread stirring the pot! Give it a rest. :) I'll go to Ohio when they start going to Mason. Also I am 485 miles north of Mason. How many Ohio shooters are 485 miles south of Mason? Bill

6. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

Because of crap innuendo threads like this, I will never go to the CC. And it has nothing to do with the fine Fishburns.

7. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

I thought the Australian Fellow shot his 100 in handicap from the 25!!!!

8. BigM-Perazzi

Exchange rate, uncle Sam...lol

9. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

"Exchange rate, uncle Sam...lol"

buwahahahaha!

10. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

""Exchange rate, uncle Sam...lol"

buwahahahaha!"

grntitan_2009_2503231.jpg

11. FlaLagarto

FlaLagarto Well-Known Member

Ya'll quit picking on Dr Longwind.. he's trying to get Mr Fishburn a couple more bucks.. he needs to add a couple of fields before next season

12. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Mr Bryant.

Just a small correction, the Aussie in question was Mr Matt Patmore, and he shot his 100 straight in event 8 from the 25.5 yard line.

I was one of the four Aussies at the Cardinal Centre travelling with Matt, great facility as is Sparta, we can only dream of having these fantastic shooting facilities Downunder.

Matt is a fine shot and works very hard for each and every target he is rewarded with, a 100 in any event is an achievement but in Handicap is something special.

Also it was the Grand that attracts us each year since 1996, we have shot many others venues along the way and the Cardinal Classic just happened to be straight after the Grand.

Do not get me wrong we have enjoyed this facility in the past (2006 Ohio state)we were certainly interested to see the improvements since then, you guy's are blessed with the best Trap shooting anywhere in the world wether it be Sparta, Vandalia, Cardinal Centre, Iowa, PA, Virginia, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Illinois, Kansas or Missouri we have been fortunate to shoot in all these states and enjoyed them all equally.

Yes we come a long way and spend a lot of money to enjoy our summer with special people from this special sport, but after all it is only a sport and sometimes we do forget that, but we find it's the people not the facility that brings us back every year.

After all would you drive back to St Louis from the Cardinal (10 hours, and on the wrong side of the road for us) then 3 hours @ the airport before flight to Dallas, 6 hour lay over then onto Brisbane Queensland (15 1/2 hour flight)then 2 hour layover before continuing to Sydney (1 1/2 hour flight)and finally home some 38 hours and approx $12,000 to $15,000 poorer.

Our choice nobody forces us to do what we do, we spent most of the flights planing next summer.

Yours in sport.

Release Trigger.......aka. Gary Kennerson. Sydney Australia.

PS. We spent a few of hours with Mr Kenny Ray Estes and Tami at the ATA Hall of Fame Vandalia on the way to the CC. Kenny is a fantastic anbassador to our sport and a great historian, as I stated before you guy's are blessed, it was sad to see Vandalia as it is today but then again progress is progress as they say.

13. TERRYB

TERRYB Member

Release Trigger...aka Gary Kennerson,

Nice post!

Terry

14. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Hey mate! My sister made the mistake of marrying Hugh Frasier Jones from Sydney, down under. All he owned was a pair of deck loafers and one swim suite. You see him in Sydney tell him she wants her back alimony! Don't ever let him near your trap gun or ammo!

Harry Lyga

15. BigM-Perazzi

Excellent!!!

16. Dr.Longshot

Release trigger his yardage was not on RJ Stuart site, I went to ATA Shooter information center and entered his name as the Aussie site is under MC I either got the wrong Patmore or he earned yardage, I try to research my info.

I stand corrected 25 Yards for his 100 straight in Hdcp.

Thanks

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

17. Dr.Longshot

I just re-checked ATA Information center it lists Matthew Patmore in Australia
    as 20.5 yds, maybe there is another Matthew Patmore or he has earned yardage.

But only one comes up.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

18. Release Trigger

Release Trigger Member

Mr Bryant.

I just checked myself and it appears we were both wrong Matt was on 25.5 yards.

I just edited my original post.

Our State/Country comes inder MC. which stands for miscellaneous

Regards.

Release Trigger.

PS. If you go to RJStuarts site and check earned yardage on event 8 it shows Matt earned 2 yards from 25.5 to the 27.

19. Highrise

Highrise TS Member

Nice post release trigger

well said

20. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

How many of us that live here in the US can or would spend that much time & money to shoot????? I think that no matter what yardage he shot from 100X100 is fantastic, I've never had 100X100 at 16s or any other yardage. As stated we are VERY fortunate to have the freedom and number of places to choose from.

Congratulations And Thank You for the kind words for this country.

Ross Puls

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.