1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

100 straight!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by BigBruno, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBruno

BigBruno TS Member

Which 100 straight was most memorable, your first or your last?

2. oz

oz Active Member

the one in the middle

3. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

First at the now defunct Blandon Gun Club in PA around 1974. Back in the days my trusty old 1100 was the gun of choice!!

4. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

My next one

5. KENENT1

KENENT1 Active Member

the last one, I have trouble remembering things, I think they call it "old timers disease".

tony

6. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

The one in Helena....499 squad. sure glad it wasn't me. LOL

Rick in Mt.

7. ROGER A.

ROGER A. TS Member

Helena, Montana...2004....499 squad, not my first and not my last, but the best

8. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Mine would have to be at Glen Park Izaak Walton - Merrillville, IN, I was sitting in front of the clubhouse waiting to shoot, my trusty Remington 1100 sitting in the gun rack with all the fancy guns (mine is the one with the faded stock-no finish and tape holding the softpad on), as an elderly gentleman was looking at the rack and noticed my gun, he stopped and turned it sideways to get a better look at it and then I commented "Pretty isnt it", he looked at it and said "What the heck, Cant you afford a New Gun?"....... I told him i didnt think I needed a new gun.

A bit later on my way to put my gun back in my car, after running the only 100 straight in singles for the day, he saw me walking across the lot and asked how I did, I told him I ran them and then commented "You still think I need a new gun".. the look on his face was Priceless

9. rogertc

rogertc Member

My last, since it completed my 200 straight!

10. THALL

THALL Member

My first, shot it two years ago on my first trip to the Grand...took me two years to get another 100 straight...Tim Hall

11. 682LINY

682LINY Member

First and only,,shot in 2008,,shot on the same field as my first registerd target,,,in 2002,,with the same puller/coach that help me when I started,,,with my best friend /shooting partner of 35 years on the post next to me ,,as he was in 2002 for my first bird,and I was next to him for his 100,,and two other good friends on the squad,,,it was the middle 100 of a 300 bird cricket shoot,,,and I had shot a 99 ( my second) at the state zone shoot the day before

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

My first one ever was in a short yardage handicap and it was a good payday if I could had sold the gun for what it was listed for then I would had over a 10,000 dollar day, but instead I shot it for awhile and ended up with a 4,800 day.
    It was a year later before I could do one from the 16's

13. Bruce Specht

Bruce Specht Well-Known Member

My first one will always stand out in my mind as the best

14. primed

primed Well-Known Member

There are two very memorable ones for me; neither of them mine because I have never had one.

The first was my son's first when he was a junior. When I got home from work, he wanted to go to the gun club. He said he was going to break 100 straight today and sure enough he did. He followed that one up with one at the grand a few weeks later on a high school team.

The second very memorable one was shot by my wife last Saturday. Earlier in the day we ran into a friend who had just recently shot her first 100. My wife was congratulating her and telling her that 100 straight was her last remaining goal in trapshooting. A little later she was telling another friend the same thing. An hour later she got her 100 straight. I was shooting to her left and was much more nervous than she.

I will never forget these two 100 straights. I suspect they are as close as I'll ever come to one. I used to always say that I loaded the ammo, but the wife was using factory ammo so there goes my claim to fame.

Bob

15. otnot

otnot Active Member

I would really like to see my squad mate JeffP finally get the money off his back this weekend. He shot a 99 last month so I expect great things from his this shoot.

Jim

16. Sigraph

Sigraph TS Member

Got mine in Burksville Ky, shooting off a cliff with my 1100. The guy next to me also broke 100 straight (as he usually did) 'Bob Ashley' is his name.
    E. Raymer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.