1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

100 Straight ?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Hammer1, Jul 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammer1

Hammer1 Active Member

What is the general understanding of 100 Straight ?

If at a local shoot, one shoots 50 Straight at Singles, then shoots some Doubles and Handicap where some targets are missed, then returns to the Singles and shoots another 50 Straight... Is that a 100 Straight ?

Or must 100 Straight be in a single uninterrupted event whether it be Singles, Doubles, or Handicap ?

If in a 200 Singles event one shoots 24 - 24 - 25 - 25 - 25 - 25 - 24 - 25... Is there a 100 Straight even though half of it was shot in the first 100 and the second half of it was shot in the second 100 ?

Not trying to imply any specific answer is correct 'cause I don't know.

Just wanting the common understanding in trap shooting circles.

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

For ATA competition, the 100 straight is 4 consecutive 25s making up the 100 bird event, or, the first, or 2nd, 100 bird subevent of a 200 bird event.

in your examples, you would not have a 100 straight as it was not completed in either the first 100, or 2nd 100...

In local competition, it's not missing any of 100 consecutive birds in a like event (singles, doubles, handicap)....

could be weeks, months, days..

3. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

BMP is correct, to my knowledge. Please however, keep in mind that you can, and have strung together 100-straight broken targets, which is not an easy task. All that needs done now is for you, or "that shooter" to put those targets into the order which we all try to put them in. Matt Nicol

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

What you're describing is a long run.

100 straight is as Jim described it (except it doesn't have to be four 25s, it could be two 50s (ten per post).)

5. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I have shot one 100 straight. That was in the middle of a run of 217 singles targets I broke without a miss....but a "program" 200 straight has so far eluded me...but I take some personal satisfaction in the number I hit in a row....

6. BigM-Perazzi

Scott, it could also be a "Birmingham 100", 25,25,50....

(lol)

7. Catching Chrome

Catching Chrome Member

Mine was 4 consecutive 25 straights in singles and that what I always thought it was.

8. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

It is my understanding that a 100 straight is all 100 targets in a row for an event of that number.

A 100 or more in a row regardless of the numbers in the event or the amount of time (ie. different days) is known as a run.

9. BigM-Perazzi

Not in the case of an ATA 200, if I understand your statement, LTS. each 100 qualifies.

In addition a 200 straight may be shot over consecutive days if the event is a split 200.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.