1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

100 straight question

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Cuky, May 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cuky

Cuky Member

In 200 bird event if you shoot scores 23-23-24-25 25-25-25-24.
    Does this count as 100 straight? Thank You.

2. Ray Collins

Ray Collins Active Member

An additional question: If you shoot 17,25,25,25 then in the next event you shoot 25,23,22,24 is it 100 straight?

Doc

3. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I would claim it but i'm guessing it don't count. Some nice shooting either way. What happened with the 17??

I ask about the 17 because here is the dandy i had in caps today. 18,24,23,23. Cooked my goose right out of the gate this morning. Don't ya love it? :)

4. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

No. A 100 straight must be from the start. It doesn't cross over from event to event. A run such as that would be considered a "long run." But it would not be a recognized 100 straight.

In a 200 target event, the 100 straight only "counts" if it is in the first 100 targets or the second 100 targets. It doesn't cross over 100s.

5. Old Cowboy

Old Cowboy Active Member

6. WarEagle2017

WarEagle2017 Active Member

like V10 said above ----- in your firsr example I would call that 124 long run, 100 straight gas to be 100 out of 100 in the same sub event, the object of 100 straight is to Keep your sh-t together and Hit all of the targets in that sub event, not to have a rest period and start over again.

7. Ray Collins

Oh well...

Doc

8. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

Yes you broke a hundred straight. Does not qualify for an ATA 100 straight. CL

9. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Any club that I know of would give you a 100 Strt Patch, but does not qualify for an ATA 100 Strt which is from the first target to last.

If you did it I will send you a 100 Strt Patch.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

10. Ray Collins

Thanks Gary for your kind offer but since there is no consensus I will wait until I do it in one event. I am shooting in the Alabama State Shoot beginning Thursday so maybe I will do it then.

Thanks to everyone for the input,

Doc

11. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Member

It is my opinion......that it all depends on the individual.

If the individual wants to count it.....so be it.

Usually it is the relative new shooter that has very few straights in his/her lifetime that count their straight targets by combining between two events, registered and practice and /or counting any other thing that might extend their straight.

Let's tell a gun club that pays added jackpot for breaking a hundred straight that, "I broke 25 straight on the practice trap and then broke 75 straight.......Now I want my 100 straight jackpot payoff"…… Good luck with that one.

Let's ask Leo, David Shaeffer, (he is the one who set the all time record of 2166 straight) Foster Bartholow ( he is the one who shot off with Leo in 2008 for the clay target championships for a total of 900 shoot-off targets) or Harlan Campbell, if they would count targets between events.

David Shaeffer didn't break all those 2166 in one day so does that mean he didn't really break 2166 straight?

In 2007, just before the State shoot I broke 497 out of 500 16 yard practice targets over a span of several days with my Winchester Super-X Mod I. I had to have at least one 100 straight in that run but exactly how many I ran before missing one......I don't know. I wasn't counting. To quote Allen Iverson.....It's Practice...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI

BTW....that was the same year I couldn't find my butt with either hand when I went to the state shoot. Had a perfectly good excuse though......the Rib was coming off and I used electrical tape to hold it on. But it was also coming off while I was shooting that 497..... Another perfectly good excuse just shot to hell.!!!

You see......it's all relative to where you stand in the space-time-trapshooting continuum.

Mark

12. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

To be fair, Dave didn't ask if it should count though.

13. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

For instance I shot 23-25-25-25 (singles) next caps 25-25-23-23

still looking for my first 100 straight

Phil Berkowitz

14. AAtrap

AAtrap Well-Known Member

Registered marathon-missed the first target out,then broke 498X500. I ran the last 385 targets. The 200 straight is not recognized as a 200X200 by the ATA.

Steve

15. geneleroy

geneleroy TS Member

I tried, but it didn't fly! At a Summer shoot at the MTA(Missouri)I ran 100 in the first event and won 'A' class. Was advanced to 'AA' for the 2nd event. Ran the 100 and won the event.. I tried to get Burly to list this as a 200 straight. It didn't work! LOL---I knew it wouldn't! Out of over 100,000 registered singles I have just one 200, that at the old Phoenix club. There was a 5 way tie and after the shoot off I didn't win anything. I did get a 200 Phoenix lapel pin though!

16. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

No. I guess if you called the traps you were intending to get the 4 straight 25s on, it might be worth something, but not much. ;-)

You have to get it the hard way. Your start and finish point has to be the same as everyone elses. Better luck.

17. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

No it doesn't 'count' for the reasons mentioned above.

But what does count is that you know you can run a 100 straight. Now get out there and do it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.