1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

100 straight or jones pad adjuster hardware

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shrek, Jun 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shrek

shrek Active Member

Any advantage or drawbacks between the 100 straight vs the jones pad adjuster hardware?

I am looking to add something like one or the other to my 391 sporting clays gun to lower and offset the recoil pad for a better fit.

Thanks!!!

2. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

I have the 100 straight pad adjuster on three of my guns. Never had any problems with any of them. It is nice to make an adjustment with the thru the pad hole. Once I get the pad were I want it, I drill a small hole thru the two plates and pin it in place. That way if I have to take it off for any reason it goes back to the same place.

3. Michael Wascom

Michael Wascom Member

I have 2 of the Jones,one has 2 screws to lock it in place and the other 3.Make sure you ask for the one with three if you go that way,it locks up better to keep it in place.

4. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

You can't adjust a 100 Straight pad sideways very far through a single hole in the pad. The hole will move from over top of the broach (hex hole) in the locking screw . You can loosen it and move it sideways but you won't be able to tighten it again unless you remove one screw from the pad, loosen the other and swing the pad out of the way, tighten the lock nut and then put the pad back.

I don't adjust the pads once they're set but I discovered this "design feature" when trying to make side adjustment to a new installation. Couldn't figure out where the adjuster hole went once I moved the pad to the side!

Keller

5. Shawn

Shawn Member

The jones has worked well for me.

I don't adjust the pad much so I don't need the thru the pad feature.

Shawn

6. 687_SP_II

687_SP_II TS Member

On the 100 straight pads to move side to side I cut a slot in the plastic base of the recoil pad.

7. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

The slot is definitely needed if you re-adjust the pad often. Otherwise, just remember that you will have to swivel the pad to one side to tighten the screw if you move the pad more than about 1/8" to either side.

Keller

8. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

When fitting the pad to a 100 Straight unit, I drill a 1" hole through the hard pad base, then bore a 5/16" hole from the back of the pad. After which I re-insert the access hole plug, making an invisible point of entry. Easy to locate the 5/32" allen head bolt and plenty of room for lateral movement.

Ed Yanchok

9. In plain view

In plain view Member

Jones Adjuster all the way. Steve Jones is fantastic to deal with. I have 3 units and wouldnt use any others. JMHO Bob

10. shrek

shrek Active Member

jones it will be.

I have three jones ones now, (on an assortment of over unders) was just curious if there was any additional benefits to the other one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

100 straight pad adjuster

100 straight pad adjuster review
100 straight terminator recoil pad adjuster
100 straight trap pad
jones 100 straight pad adjuster
jones or 100 straight adjuster
jones pad adjuster
jones stock adjuster hardware