1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

100 straight dilemma

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fcd67, May 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fcd67

fcd67 Member

I shoot on 2 trap teams at the same club. Last night I ran 50 straight on both teams. Does that count as 100 straight?
    Thanks
    Sean

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

You shot two 50 straights. Inorder to shoot 100 straight it has to be in a 100 target event. Were the two events combined in any way for an award? HMB

3. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Registered and same event.....other than that, it's just practice.

Curt

P.S. Good shooting though...well done!

4. fcd67

fcd67 Member

It is our summer trap league. Most guys shoot 25 birds a night for 16 weeks. I wanted to get more shooting in so I started another team. If you shoot four 25's in a row they will give you a 100 straight pin.
    I think this is the first year someone has shot on multiple teams so it hasn't been dealt with before.
    Sean

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Soooo if a person shoots a hundred straight on a sat, sun. afternoon, or any day where it is not an event this means it didn't count??? If I shoot a hundred straight any day since i'm not an ATA member any longer it doesn't count???? If I shoot a hundred straight then I shot a hundred straight registered or not. Like the song says 'you can't take that away from me'. Congratulations on your 100 straight. Mike.

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that a 100 in one event was called a 100 straight and a 100 over multiple days or events was called a 100 run.

7. willyklouda

willyklouda TS Member

I have to agree with barrelbulge on this one, 100 straight is 100 straight. I have no intention of joining the ATA. So if next week I run 100, since it wasn't a registered event it didn't really happen?? I have a bunch of 50 patches but since I'm not an ATA member and they weren't registered events I must be imagining them and they aren't real.

8. rhymeswithorange

rhymeswithorange Member

4X25 = 100, nice shooting.

Dave Eberhart

9. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

An ATA 100 is indeed consecutive targets in an event, or, sub-event as in a 200 bird event consisting of two 100 bird subevent.

Outside the ATA you can break 100 straight over 10 weekends if you want....

But, for your league it's not playing equal when you are allowed to shoot more targets than others.

In other words, they have to stay hot for 4 weeks and you only two...

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Break 100 targets in a row, any row and its a 100 straight ... The 100's that count are registered ATA targets at ATA shoots even that don't matter to many people any more ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Well 100 dead targets in a row is 100 straight - however if you really want to crow about it, the run needs to be documented (ie registered) in a 100 target event. Otherwise its just kind of a rumor.

But on the subject of does it counts - the important thing is that it counts for you. You made the accomplishment and know it so what does anyone elses opinion matter?

12. fcd67

fcd67 Member

I agree with Big M about it being harder to do it over four weeks. Most guys just want to shoot 25 birds and sit in the clubhouse sucking beer for the next three hours. I want to shoot more. It is their choice to only shoot 25 a night.
    I certainly will never forget it. Not only have I never shot 100 or even 50 straight, I am using my safe queen this year. A Superposed Broadway from 1962 (50 yrs old). The old girl can really crush targets.
    Sean

13. bowhunting11

bowhunting11 TS Member

Let me ask thia, if I drop a target on post one trap one break the rest on that trap an on the next I hit aa many as it takes for me to have shot 25 in a row .. Can that be a 25 straight. Or 50 or 100 ect.. ??? If u shot that many birds in a row regaurdless if its in one round or two or so one imn my opinion

14. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Yes bowhunter, outside ATA competition you can set whatever rules apply.

15. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Willie Nelson was on Carson one night and was about tanked. He had just finished his personal golf course. Carson asked him what par was and Willie said, and I quote, "Any D#$ thing I want it to be!" Enjoy your shooting whether it is a straight or a run (personally I prefer a run of 100 in this case). You did it and will do it again now that you know you can and this time it may well be in a tournament and everybody will be happy!.

16. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

If I split a hair 100 times is that 100 straight?

Good shootin' Sean, especially if you did it in four consecutive rounds in succession with no misses in between.

WPT,

The ATA ones matter to me, and all of the shooters I compete with too. Sadly I only have 2 registered in my 5 years; which matches exactly the number of ex-wives I have in 57 years. Hopefully one of the ratios will improve one day without further litigation.

Guy B.

17. Mr. Flinch

Mr. Flinch Member

If it's 100 straight then it's 100 straight. Your own accomplishment and congratulations! I wish I could have a dilemma over 25 straight! LOL!

Mark

18. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

If I bought this for you would it make you feel better?

19. bubbasdad92

bubbasdad92 Member

I think, among competitive shooters, it is generally considered that 100 straight means that in a single 100 target event(or sub-event)you walked to the line and broke all 100 of those targets.

For example, i missed the 3rd target of a 200 target event then ran the rest for 99X100 + 100X100 = 199X200. The following day in the next event, which was also 200 targets, I ran the first 100, got my first miss on the 2nd post of the 2nd 100 and finished with 100x100 + 95x100 = 195.

I would say that I shot a long run of 304 targets (197+100+100+7 = 304). I also would say that I shot 2 consecutive 100 straights, but did not shoot 200x200 for a 200 straight.

But, if you want to credit me with a 200 straight... feel free. Would you plead my cast to the ATA? I'd like to have that 200 straight pin from the Grand.

20. ddrsuz

ddrsuz Member

No dilemma as I see it. Break a 100 targets in a row, from Bird 1 to 100 on any day of the week under whatever conditions you shoot, and put the patch on your back. If you do it in an ATA event, all the better, it is on official record, otherwise, take some pictures and keep the score sheets. If you did it on different days, or shot some other events in between, then maybe you call it a run, but otherwise, take your 100 straight and be proud of it.

Dennis

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.