1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

100 Shell Pouches?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by dmarbell, Jul 28, 2013.

1. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

I thought I'd share my response to a post on Shotgunworldforum.com about 100 shells pouches. This clays shooter likes to take 100 rounds plus a handful of extras, his gun, ear and eye protection, and little else around the course. He wants to avoid carrying a bag. Here are my replies on page 2 of the thread.

Danny

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas- ... l+Products

I have the half vest above. Note that each pouch has two pockets. Each side will easily hold 25 shells, and it leaves the outer pockets for extra stuff. You can carry two boxes of shells in the back game pouch, and put your handful of extra shells in one of the outer pockets, or in the back. Note the rings on the belt, for carrying eyeglass cases, hearing protection cases, or other stuff.

I carry the half vest, but also a shooting bag. I am a hoarder though, so don't do what I do. I carry all my lenses, 2-3 sets of hearing protection, all chokes, choke tool, allen wrench set, eyeglass cleaner, several cleaner patches, alcohol-based lens cleaner packs, swiss army knife, gun grease, gun oil, oily rag, a voo-doo doll in likeness of each of my fellow shooters, worry dolls for comforting confessions between stations, and a picture of my 2nd grade teacher who told me I could be something in life.

Danny

I know the above list seems excessive, so I decide to do an "inventory." I need to add the following to the list:

Extra club ID badge (required at my home club), extra pencils (golf type without the eraser), q-tips and toothpicks (I reload, and occasionally get a piece of shot in the action), bug spray, sunscreen, shooting gloves, measuring tape for LOP discussions, shell catcher for 391 (I don't have the gun, but kept the catcher for inexperienced trap shooters, this might actually belong to Dickgtax), rubber bands for inexperienced trap semi-auto shooters of all kinds, my ATA card (just in case), and a pack of Magic Dots.

I need to add a small box for Advil Liqui-Gels for headaches, my recent right knee surgery and the resultant plantar fasciitis in my left foot, lisinopril for hypertension in case I forget to take it, and another drug for when I shoot well, to take thirty minutes before I get back home, whose purpose will not be discussed here but is well known among older male shooters.

Danny

PS - Sorry to hijack the thread, but it's important to the equipment discussion. Did I leave anything out?

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I weighed 100 shells, I don't want that much weight hanging on me while I shoot. I prefer the bag that sits on the back of the ubiquitous golf cart... with the water or other beverage...

3. dmarbell

dmarbell Active Member

So, did I leave anything out?

Danny

4. PINOYSHOOTER

PINOYSHOOTER Member

Yes you forgot something just in case of emergency - RUBBER. You know what I mean just in case of emergency you want to tie something together or you know for what when we were young.

5. shaggist

shaggist Member

I didn't see any mention of an extra Depends. What will you do if you have to change the current one in an emergency?
    Jack