1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$100 for any junk, your tax dollars at work.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by almost unemployed, Jul 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almost unemployed

almost unemployed TS Member

Have any old junk you want to be rid of? Worth $100 to Mayor Daley. Clean out the closets and get paid. Looks like that old JC Higgins parts gun is worth something after all.

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    It's tempting to make up a pile of zip guns and turn them in for lots of rewards.

3. incognito

incognito TS Member

The story says,

"Owners can hand over any firearm, shotgun, rifle, automatic or semi-automatic pistol or revolver – no questions asked."

I wonder how many thugs are going to steal guns to turn in for cash?

4. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

You guys are missing the point....

GET YOURSELF DOWN THERE, RIGHT NOW, with a couple thousand bucks in your pocket!!!!!!!

ask folks walking in if you can see the gun...you might be SUPRISED at what's getting sold for $100. S&W revolvers, Glocks, etc. That old shotgun MIGHT be a Parker side by side. Or a Remington 1100. Or a Winchester 101.

Offer them $125 or $150 to take it off their hands.....

ONE good gun would make it a pretty good day!

jeff

5. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

"We're all mad here," said the Cheshire Cat to Alice.

HM

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    jeff, a couple of dealers tried that here a few years back. The cops ran them off the mall property and threatened them with trespass. Also run off was anyone who simply stood there and gave advice, like "Ma'am, that shotgun is a collector piece and may be worth $2000. You might want to have it appraised."<br>
    <br>
    A dealer friend of mine did run an ad for his own gun turn in concurrent with the news story about a city sponsered turn in. The authorities were not amused.<br>
    <br>
    What I'd like to know is, the police and the city are de facto in the business of purchasing and transferring firearms (to the smelter). If you or I did that we'd need an FFL. Why doesn't BATF require the city to have an FFL?

7. incognito

incognito TS Member

Brian,

Here's a link to ask your question.

8. famill00

famill00 TS Member

And to think I am moving to this place.

Forrest

9. shadow

shadow Active Member

Forrest,I told you that you have lost your mind.

10. ArmySGM

ArmySGM Member

Would like to know where the corporate donations are coming from. I think this is double talk about Prince Rod giving tax dollars to King Daley. Even if they aren't it would be nice to identify where the money's coming from.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.