1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

100 Bird Calcutta NW OHIO Sunday Jan. 9, 2011

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Smoke, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Williams County Gun Club

100 Bird Non-Registered

CALCUTTA

Sunday Jan 9th

Practice open 9:00 am

Auction at 11:00 am

100 club handicap*

COME HUNGRY - FOOD BY YOUTH TRAPSHOOTING MOMS

OPTIONS: Targets........................... $20.00

CALCUTTA ENTRY..........$15.00**

LEWIS CLASS............ $10.00***

PURSE......................... $10.00 (40/30/20/10)

*CLUB HANDICAP Will be determined by subtracting 2 yards from your ATA Handicap Yardage. Minimum club handicap will be 19 yards. Club handicap will be adjusted after each non-registered event this winter by adding 2 yards for the top score entered in the Calcutta, 1 yard for the 2nd high score in Calcutta and a ½ yard for the 3rd high score in the Calcutta. Non-ATA members will be assigned a club handicap of no less than 23 yards.

**The Calcutta option is divided 50/30/20% with the buyer receiving 70% and shooter receiving 30%. Minimum self-bid is $10.00.

***LEWIS CLASS will be Williams County Modified Lewis

Ties on all money will divide

Club reserves the right to alter or modify program

Questions?? Please contact Roger Brenner 419-583-7133

Shooting starts after completion of auction- two WILDCARDS will be sold during auction

Directions and info at www.wccl.net

2. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

And the world famous guest auctioneer is...???

3. tweety1

tweety1 Member

I know should I say:)

4. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Now Tweety how do you know...did a little bird tell ya?? Or have you been Twittering Tweety?

5. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

What did you do- get one of the Buckeyes Football players? We're not selling jerseys here!

6. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Joe: I tried to get one of them Ohio State football players but they said they were sold out of inventory! This will be a non-registered 100 bird club handicap event. Bring your special bullets and come on out and have some fun! Roger

7. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Roger is the same one you told me who was going to do the auctioning or did you find someone else. Sorry didn't make it yesterday to the meat shoot was under the weather. MJ

8. tweety1

tweety1 Member

9. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Just a few more days:)

10. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

sounds like fun. I hope to do better this time at Williams Co. than I normally do!!!! Man-o'-man I sure get tired of coming home empty handed...

Matt Nicol

11. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Matt: Quit your complaining...I believe you were the big $$ winner at the last calcutta!! You bought correctly and shot even better!! See you Sunday, Roger

Joesmoke: Where is that picture of the "red suspenders" shooter?

12. Quick 1

Quick 1 Active Member

If "Red Suspenders" attends, he will be shooting from 23yds. This should keep the mystery auctioneer busy for a while! I'd bet, its been a few years since he shot a handicap event from that yardage.

13. tweety1

tweety1 Member

OH can I let the cat out of the bag or are we really going to make the cat mean, before we find out who the mystery auctioneer is?

"Mr. Red Suspenders" asked me what the Club Handicap was and I said yes you will be on the 23 yard line and he just winked at me with a big smile LOL!!!!

14. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Can you find the man in the red suspenders?

joesmoke_2008_030334.jpg

15. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

Lots of room in the new clubhouse to keep warm, even if it's chilly outside!

Joe Smoke

16. matttrapn

matttrapn Active Member

Well some of the ol' timers where I grew-up used to say "fart fire and save the matches"....
    never have figured out what they were tryin' to get at with that one, but its a heck of a lotta' fun to say anyway.

Sure hope we have some sunshine for Sunday, and pleanty of wind too, that will help the rest of us from the likes of Ol' Red Suspenders, and Rosey, and the must be Nocturnal Dinky Dow!!!!

I do have my eye and pocket book on a couple "other" shooters that just might try and slip through,,,,, Ya' I'm talkin' bout' you BigDon!!!! goin' once, goin' twice,,,,,OHHH do we have another bidder on the Donmister??????

Travel safe everyone,

Matt Nicol

17. Joe Smoke

Joe Smoke Member

One time I heard Dinky say "Everyone wants to be a jet pilot". Not sure what he meant either, Matt, but it must have something to do with what he told my son Brad when he was just starting to shoot. He asked him if he looked at the bird when he shot, and Brad said "Yes". Dinky said "No- that's not right. You have to look at the air IN FRONT if the bird!"

Joe

18. tweety1

tweety1 Member

Matt left the cat out of the bag in the above thread, auctioneer?

19. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

I will try to sneak in but I have got a lot to do in order to head south. Old red suspenders would be a great buy at 23 yds along with Matt, Roger, Rosey or Dinky plus any other outside talent that strolls in. Don't forget Jerry, Phil and smokeless Joe. I have heard some Indiana boys might try and surprise you also.

Sounds like a good time to be had by all.

Don

20. Roger Brenner

Roger Brenner Member

Don: Hope you can make it. The weather is looking perfect for a calcutta!! Roger

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.