1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

100,000 more Construction Workers...Obama plan

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by crusha, Oct 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crusha

crusha TS Member

Actually, I think it's a little more than 100,000.

Consider: once Obama and the Democrats LEGALIZE those 12 Million illegals already in this country...think how much easier it will be for all those NON-UNION construction companies to employ them, permanently!

12 Million new Democrat voters, and Obama will never have to wear a hard hat, carry a shotgun around a field full of reporters, or wear a camo jacket at a campaign appearance ever again!

I didn't realize it at first - but this Obama guy might have just devised the greatest UNION-BUSTING plan ever devised! And ten bucks says, the Union guys keep voting for him, anyway!

I say, pure genius...I hope you union schmoes that are voting for Obama, are ready to share the wealth with your new countrymen!

2. nipper

nipper TS Member

Another typical re-pukeblician.. dont worry you will have your guns november 5th etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc, thru 2099

Bill

3. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

How long do you expect them to remain NON-UNION.

The Union already supports illegals....

August 17 2006:

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- As politicians grapple with the thorny immigration issue, unions are stepping into the debate on the side of illegal immigrant labor.

Last week, the AFL-CIO signed what it calls a "historic partnership agreement" with the National Day Laborer Organizing Network, an association of 40 worker centers nationwide.

Under the agreement local AFL-CIO unions will be allowed to establish formal ties with the local worker centers. The unions then work with and defend the NDLON centers as they seek decent labor standards and working conditions for their illegal workers.

Historian Joseph A. McCartin, of Georgetown University says the labor movement must reinvent itself in this way if it wants to continue after years of declining influence.

4. nipper

nipper TS Member

you need to really educate yourself--most dont support any imigration reform.

Bill

5. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

These idiot DUMBocrats....they think the Mexicans will vote for them...If you give them 20 more years....20 million will become 40 million or more....if you aren't spanish descent....then you are out of office....

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Wait, 100,000 more construction workers means a lot of construction projects, paid for with.... capitalist investments!<br>
    <br>
    It would be more believable if Obama wanted them for building re-education camps.

7. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Think about it. Only 12% of the labor in the US is union. The dems themselves claim times are bad and jobs are scarce. Who will pay higher wages to do any type of work? Only Federal and state jobs, and they don't have money, or atleast will have even less once the new tax plans are intiated. When times get tough, people honker down and don't spend money. New jobs won't be available either because no one will expand their business under an unreasonable tax base. Where will these new union jobs come from? Why would a business owner take a chance and invest dollars when the reward is higher taxes. Remember Reagan? He lowered business taxes and the country grew and the government collected additional tax dollars based on growth, not a higher tax rate. Whats' Blowbama want to do? Raise taxes. Idiot.

8. crusha

crusha TS Member

That's riiiight...Obama Union voters, get a good whiff of this...Mr. Patriotic is pointin' the cannon at YOU.

9. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Well, when the unionize the fast food workers your Big Mac is going to cost $10.00.

10. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

They should make a rule that you cannot be in a Union unless you can spell it and that will take care of that for most of those people ... "Dumber than a BOX of Rocks" comes to mind ... dose beeg macs, you wan de prys wit dat .? WPT ... (YAC) ...

11. crusha

crusha TS Member

12. Hinkton

Hinkton TS Member

If only Twelve percent of the work force is union, why are all the none union workers so woried about there vote for the election? Because i,am a building trades pipefitter, a union worker,an if you saw what we did for a living, the last thing you would call us is a bum.How do you think all the major plojects in this country get built? From Nuclear plants, to Chem. plants, to every other large scale project in America. We as a union have the ability to put hundreds of skilled workers both men an women in the field at a moments notice, to start, an complete a project. We are no better then a lot of other American workers, were just organized.An tell me
    whats wrong with being paid a good wage, for doing a good job, in a dangerous business. An whats wrong with having health care for your family? An what makes you think i,am voting for Obama?

13. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

I agree with you 100% Hinkton. The construction trades unions are primarily made up of honest, hardworking Americans and slackers don't last long. Unfortunately, this is not the case in government unions. Like welfare departments and the DMV.

However, ANY organization from churchs to political parties to universities to charities to unions eventually become run by people who primarily care about themselves rather than the members of the organization. These people are bureucrats and seek to line their own pockets.

These people gain power and wealth by having more members. This is why you see them wanting to destroy the secret ballot for representation. As I said upthread, they would love to organize groups like sales clerks and fast food workers. Millions of new dues paying members. However, the added labor costs in these fields would mean higher prices.

It is one thing to work hard and become a skilled, productive journeyman. It is another to get $15.00 per hour to flip burgers or $30.00 per hour to hand out drivers licenses.

14. pj 999

pj 999 TS Member

The Carpenters Union magazine now carries articles in 2 languages, English and Spanish. The article is on left page in English and same article on right side in Spanish. Yes we have yearly and monthly trainings and an active drug free work place program. The schools in our area recently went back to prevailing wage work to give the unions an equal chance and to upgrade the quality of workmanship and on time schedules. This Union Democrat carpenter is voting McCain!!

15. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

To those in the unions....what is the "open" ballot thing that is supposedly being promoted by the Democrats? Just wanted to get your take on it.

My theory is that the union heirarchy is wanting to keep their power and wanting to force workers or shops to come over to their way to maintain their power. Just want a take from the rank and file. Thanks.

16. djpk69

djpk69 TS Member

Republican= "I can live OK without BIG BROTHER/Government helping me out"
    Democrat= "I need Big Brother/ Government Programs (TAX Dollars) to HELP ME get by"
    Basic Politics in a NUTSHELL !

17. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

Bigdog,

Basically it allows organizing votes to be conducted by workers having to sign ballots while union organizers look on rather than by the traditional American way of a secret ballot.

The opportunities for intimidation are excellent.

18. JBrooks

JBrooks TS Member

"so there might be some variation to my statement"

Yeah Bill, it's wrong.

19. whiz-bang

whiz-bang Active Member

likes-to-shoot it sounds like your describing the Employee Free Choice Act. The EFCA would make it possible for employee's to organize a union and the employer would basically have no say. That just isn't rite. Last Labor day I was involved in a very heated shouting match with a operating engineer BA at the Minnesota State fair when he tried to get my Female friend to sign a petition for this.

I believe the unions are good. But there politics suck and they suck big. What have the Democrats done for the unions? I don't believe NAFTA or the China Trade Agreement did them any good. And now there spending millions of union members dues on political adds to help unseat Republican senators that don't agree with EFCA and other union polices.

Working America is a affiliate of the AFL-CIO and they just stepped up there efforts to get Democrats elected via door to door canvassers. So far I have just about run 6 of these people off my property. I find it very insulting when some one buts into my time to get me to vote there agenda. More waist of Union members money.

Jim your non union friend and past union member and owner of two small business.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.