1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$100,000......here's what I'd do

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Guy, Mar 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy

Guy Member

$100,000......here

$10,000 to each yardage....18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27....top score, last man standing each yardage. Ten grand is enough for anybody to talk about.

Now tell me that won't mean anything to bring the shooters out. Remember, the big dogs are going to be there regardless.

Oh yeah, ATA reloads allowed. Just my opinion.

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

WGH- All you have to do is donate $100,000 to the ATA and tell them how you want is distributed. If you were to do that, you would be soundly criticized on this site.

Pat Ireland

3. primed

primed Well-Known Member

Pat

I am not at all critical of the Martin donation or the winner take all concept. I am extremely critical of the ATA decision on mandatory shell requirements and using the Martin donation the scapegoat. So Pat, being somewhat of an insider, have you heard what the vote was by the rules committee or the board of directors. Can't seem to find that information anywhere.

Bob

4. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

Pat, Even I had no problem understanding your post. LOL. Two simple, straight facts. What a shame isn't it? Oh well, have fun and shoot in good health, Bob

5. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

There is no reason to discuss the issue. You don't like the rules, stay home.
    Or you could donate $100,0000 and make up your own rules. If you want to bitch, call your ATA delegate.

But lets not give the Martins the impression that we don't appreciate their donation/gift.

6. stokinpls

stokinpls Well-Known Member

Just curious, what happens next year when the 100K is no longer available?

7. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Someone else tried to "give money" to the ATA and it was turned down.

8. mixer

mixer Well-Known Member

Stokinpls asked:

"Just curious, what happens next year when the 100K is no longer available?"

Nothing, Consider this is a one time happening.

Eric

9. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Pat:

Here's a quote directly from Executive Director Rively's post dated March 1st and timed 4:17 pm ET:

"The donors have requested a stipulation that all new ATA conforming ammunition be used in order to reduce this possibility. As a result the ATA will return to mandatory shell purchases at the Grand American through an ATA managed shell house. This is the basic structure AS REQUIRED BY OUR GENEROUS DONORS". (emphasis mine)

What we seem to have established is that "generous contributors" to the ATA get the right to specify rules - including rules for events unrelated to the contribution like mandatory new ATA bullets for doubles and singles. That's ok with me. I'm not criticizing anybody.

Actually, I think the whole concept is a swell idea. And... there's no need to restrict it to rule making. Let's have E.D. Rively put a price tag on everything at the Grand. Anything not sold in advance goes to auction. High bid gets the goodies and/or calls the shots.

As a business guy, my goal is always the best possible deal. So here's a proposal: I kick in a hundred bucks added prize money for doubles - winner take all. For the duration of the Grand, I get a front row parking space in front of the Events Cener. We got a deal?

sissy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.