1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$100,000 Here is what should be done

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by mono1393, Mar 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Provide free camping for the Grand American and pay entry fees for 1st timers and youth shooter Jr. and Sub Jr. Then give remainder to provide the ATA with a scholarship fund for a Pogram like the PITA put in place for youth shooters. They shoot at the Pacific Grand and earn a chance to get a $200 scholarship every year. This would attract young shooters to the sport. Eventually these young shooters give back to the organization that gave to them. They get an opportunity to compete and also an opportunity to help fund their future.

Respectfully submitted,

Chris J Morris

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

Chris- If you donate $100,000 you can decide how it will be awarded just as the fine individuals did when they donated $100,000.

And- the ATA Hall of Fame now gives several $10,000 scholarships each year.

Pat Ireland

3. crusha

crusha TS Member

(...actually, Pat and the Bag Man will just use it as an excuse to make an unrelated rule change).

4. larry byers

larry byers TS Member

Buck, I would like to commend you as well said. It is the business of the one that puts up the money and no one else. LWB

5. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

This post reminds me of a Democrat in congress. Always wanting to mandate how another citizen spends his or her money. Or spending it for them and acting as if it is their own.

6. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

The way it should be done is the way the people (Bill and LeAnn Martin) who donated the money want it done and nothing else ... Opinions are not needed when someone can donate that amount of money the last thing they need is someone, anyone, telling them how or what to do with it ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

7. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

I think some of the guys here with a better idea should go buy a few power ball tickets too? :) Hap

8. mike T

mike T Member

If it is true that you will be required to shoot new shells for and to qualify for the $100,000 you (the ATA) Need to take a hard look at that.

1. I am pretty sure the ATA would charge $9.00 per box of shells or so.
    that is $108.00 per day. (I can stay in a hotel for that, or eat very well) If I could shoot my reloads (like the last years) I would save a lot of money. (maybe that would let me shoot another day or so) That said I did shoot New Shells for the handicap events I shot in last year, But it was my choice
    2. If I am required to shoot new shells I would have to cut down the days I could attend the Grand. Or maybe not go at all. I will bet there would be quite a few others in the same boat.
    3. If the ATA wants to increase attendance and membership in these trying time don't increase the costs
    4. I applaude the Martin's for the wonderful donation. But lets make it avaliable to every one. You all know the winner will be one of the "Big Dogs"
    Sure a short yardage guy/gal might get in there but the chances are slim to none.
    5. Spread The $100,000 out into $5,000 purses say for the winner in each yardage class for the last 3 handicap events. Or even less say 2,500 split over the events with a larger 10,000 to 20,000 for the last day
    6. Give the average guy/gal something to shoot for. That will increase the attendance and help promote the sport.
    Just my two cents.
    mike t

9. Hap MecTweaks

Mike T, I was sailing along in your canoe till you got to number 5! This is the donors wish and it will be as he said, period.

Hap

10. GRR

GRR TS Member

Is it true or does anybody know for sure, is factory ammo required? If so, is it just for handicap events or the whole Grand? No BS answers, Neil Winston do you know?

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I told you before......

At the Grand:

$35.00 for targets (ATA owes IL $20K in taxes)

$10.00 per box for new shells (mandatory).

Yep, starting to resemble a Live Bird shoot, except very poor payouts.

Curt

12. EE

EE Banned User Banned

GRR, you haven't been keeping up. Rivley himself posted that shell purchase from the ATA will be required.

And as long as you are mandating no BS answers, how about no more BS questions?

EE

13. mike T

mike T Member

HAP,
    I agree with you. It is their money to donate as they wish. Just wish it was out there for everyone to have a chance at a piece of the pie thats all.

My biggest issue is the manditory shells. You all think attendance was down before, wait till this happens.

You (ATA) will also be hurting the local shoots. As people may cut back on their shooting if they decide not to attend the Grand so I/they/we do not have to get in our 1,000 targets. Thus instead of going to at least 10 shoots I/they/we may only hit 5 or 6, just enought to qualify for most states.

Thanks
    mike t.

14. Hap MecTweaks

Mike, you are so right also! The snowball effect may have different intended consequences even with small changes. In the end run, anything that hurts the smaller clubs shouldn't be tolerated or even considered at this time, especially during this economic fiasco. We'll have to wait and see how our leadership handles this before we cast any stones in my humble opinion. I'm sure they will do what's best for our organization long term.

Hap

15. mono1393

mono1393 Member

Ooops, sorry I posted an opinion. Now I am accused of being a democrat and told to put up or shut up. Such a fine place to visit every 6 mos. Now I remeber why I quit visiting this site.

Pat, I doubt the ATA pays every youth shooter a $10,000 scholarship. I will bring my kid to the Grand American (Grand waste of money) just to shoot then. We could use $10,000 for his college fund. In fact, I will bring both my boys. That way they will both have $10,000 in their college fund (oh, and by the way, if I put all the money I pissed away on trapshooting they both would have $10,000 in there college fund.). NOT!

Go kiss some rich guys arse (!) if you want. I will not. So some power player donates a hundred grand so they can call the shots. That pretty much sounds like autocracy (for a definition for arse kissers out there go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autocracy)not democracy. Long live the king and who has the most money can call all the shots. I am sure glad that our forefathers never thought that way. Good thing Pat Ireland wasn't running everything back then like he does here. He would of told a poor pauper like me to shut up and leave. Oh, I think he did?

Anyone who thinks this is OK, you are kidding yourself. How is this going to help this sport. It will probably help Leo, or Kay. You have any facts or proof that it will. I know what I posted above will help the sport.

But who gives a shit anyway, I don't. I have realized after 10 years of it that it is a big waste of time and money. Time not spent with your family and a big waste of money that could be better spent on your family. Get real guys and see that you are pissing everything away unless you are a 99% avg shooter.

My last submission,

Chris J Morris

16. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Mono,,,,you are accused of being a democrat as you want to decide how someone else spends THEIR money....

17. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Chris it sounds like you would be better off at the tiddle winks competition.

Your opinion on what someone else does, dosen't really count. The Martins donated money to help the ATA in the way they desired but you want it spent YOUR way. Because you feel that you can't get any then it must be all wrong.
    While you are looking up words look up entitlement.

Have you ever applied for a scholarship from the ATA for your kids or are you just waiting by the door for the check..

Don

18. jim brown

jim brown Well-Known Member

Chris,

Don't let the screen door hit you...

jim brown

19. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

Chris sounds kinda bitter.

Oh well....buh bye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.