1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

!100,000 HANDICAP SHOOTOFF

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by THALL, Aug 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THALL

THALL Member

Well, after two handicap events, it appears the the two initial entrants are both sub-junior shooters for the $100,000 handicap shootoff. Mighty fine scores are being shot. I sure hope they shot new shells. One from Mississippi (Tony Kirk II)& the other from Alabama (Logan Taylor). Looks like our little boys down here know how to shoot (at least when it comes to money). I wish I was up there. Tim Hall from Alabama.

2. missed some

missed some TS Member

there not actually in the shoot-off yet. Don't ya need to shoot x number of events also?

3. THALL

THALL Member

Missed some, good point, I have resolved that I will not be in the shootoff, so I have not followed the rules that closely on what the qualifications are to be eligble. I hope they do get their chance. Tim Hall

4. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

I looked at the program and It is listed on page 18 shoot at least 4 handicaps during preliminary through Grand week.

9th shooter is total score on the 800 handicaps.

10th shooter will be a drawing from the shooters that shot at least 4 of the handicaps.

When name is drawn shooter has one minute to come in front of the grandstand and check in.

Shootoff begins 15 minutes after drawing, must have gun and shells ready to shoot

GB
    DLS

5. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

I will bet Tony I will have Tony II there for three more handicap events, and then the shoot off. I know the family, good people.

6. 1oldtimer

1oldtimer TS Member

It would be great to have a relatively unknown SJ shooter win the 100K. Clyde

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Clyde--It would be great to have the relatively unknown ME win the $100K... LOL I'm sure as heck trying. I'll have more than the required 4 events and hoping for the lotto entry. Of course i still have time to pull a rabbit out of my butt too but i'm gonna have to do better than i have been. :)

8. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Question! Did the jrs pay full entry fee??????

9. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Just amazing what can be done from the 18 to 20 yard marker.

Don

10. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

grntitan - Be careful holding that rabbit. One of the guys in the shoot-off might shoot it.

11. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

BigM,

It doesn't matter whether they (the sub juniors, actually) paid full or half-priced entry. Either way they still qualify for the shoot out (assuming they shoot the minimum number of handicap events.)

12. BigM-Perazzi

Interesting impact that might have on their high school athletic careers!

Of course they could still go to THE Ohio State University!

13. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

I don't know about elsewhere but I think here in Iowa if your on a high school team you can't accept any prize money while shooting registered trap.

14. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If they can't accept any prize money what would they have to do, turn it over and donate it to the school ..? That would sure be a nice addition to a schools trapshooting program, thats for sure ... I think a good lawyer could find a loop hole in there someplace for that kind of money ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

15. Doubles Xpert

Doubles Xpert Member

DUH !! If I won the $100,000 Handicap Challenge and was told that I could not accept the moneys ? Guess What I'm quittin that high school trap team !!!

16. BrowningGuy

BrowningGuy Member

Tony Kirk II has already qualified, already shot 400 HC, and yes I will have my son there on sat. My wife and I are way more nervous than he is, he had a good day and maybe a good day sat. So far it has been a great Grand. Tony Kirk

17. romie

romie Active Member

Tony
    Good luck to Tony II I will have to find a TV around that time.It would be nice to have you in with him and the way I saw you shoot in the shootoff You could do it.
    Monty McGee

18. JayZap

JayZap Active Member

Steve Huber of Pennsylvania broke 100 in Saturdays handicap event. Do prelim days count also?

19. BigM-Perazzi

Yes. If he won.

20. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

No it doesn't count. The Lewis Challange started yesterday (Monday).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.