1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$100,000.00 Shoot Out

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Joe Woods, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe Woods

Joe Woods Well-Known Member

It was something to see, Long yardage shooters. Shooters shot very well in the heat. The gentleman who won it,Runnerup in today's event.(Devon Harris, 27 yd.Perazzi & Left Handed Nicely done. Hot & sticky.!!! 100 Degrees Plus.
    Next years lewis on the 1000 targets, $200,000.00 Yup !!!
    Take Care. Glad I was here.
    Need lots of clothes this year.
    Yes I hope the ATA will prosper from the Martin's generosity.
    High gun in today's event with 100 did not qualify for shootoff
    Hadn't participated in enough events , Needed 4 , Shot in 3.
    Leo missed one on first 25.
    I was very impressed with shootoff.
    It was a select group of people. Not a safe place for the claybird.
    The 10th shooter , the walk in. Good looking fellow.
    I was impressed.

Joe Woods/Ontario

2. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Hi, The list of ten shooters was hard to locate. I would be interested in seeing the score sheet for all the contestants to compare how each did. I was on trapshooters here and it was reported that Leo missed on his third bird. It's too bad that I couldn't see it on TV by ESPN or some other broadcaster. My good friend went out from CT and tried for it but better luck next year! I told my friend that you don't need fancy handicap loads to break them! I just got the proof today. Too bad I have never made it to a "Grand", but when I get a chance to shoot I really appreciate and enjoy it. I wanted to come out and see it live but my wife Antonina passed away July 30th after a 4 year battle with inflammatory breast cancer. The lady's shot great too! Best of luck and health to everyone.

Best regards,

Harry Lyga

3. Jamnss

Jamnss TS Member

Harry, Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you get to shoot soon and you will be in our prayers. Shoot um all. GOD BLESS. Jeff Ryals

4. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Jeff, thank you very much for your kind words. I am not good enough to beat the best and never was, but for not having shot in 15 years I can hit 22. I used to shoot my Dad's 1950 model 12 trap with solid rib and full choke. He had a short neck and I have along one so it doesn't fit me, now I have a 870 Comp. that fits much better and kicks alot less too. I am 64 yo. and my wife was 61. Kids are girls 17,19 and son 21. He could be a great shooter if he wanted too. He plays the piano and the violin beautifully and the girls do too. He is 6'7" 310 lbs and wears size 17 hockey skates and plays attach on lacrosse. I keep calling him Leo in my mind but he likes Paulie. I had a feeling that Leo would miss one today and that an unexpected shooter would win the check! My friend let me read Dick Baldwin's book about trap shooting and I learned about Mark Arie winning the Grand with his $50 Marlin shotgun. These "Grands" have a lot of intrigue and with the Martin's great help we can really enjoy the best of trap shooting in our life time. I have never seen or heard anything like it! Thank you again for thinking of us.

Harry Lyga

5. TC

TC TS Member

Harry, Sorry to hear about your loss. Tony

6. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

Tony, thank you very much and good luck shooting. One of my goals is to shoot at the "Grand" next year and win it with a "cheap" shotgun that I made myself. Of course I may never finish the gun so no need to worry about me winning your share!
    If that's the case I'll just have to shoot the 870 Comp. Paulie can be my body guard when I bring the check to the bank. Can't wait until next year. I bet Leo goes on a diet and exercise program to win it next year. Thank you for your kind words.

Harry Lyga

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.