1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

10 shot Trap gun...what the ???

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by CW638YORK, Jan 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Saw this on Gunbroker...

Wow, this guy is serious !! Good singles gun !!

Chris

2. rodbuster

rodbuster TS Member

It has a ported barrel, some kind of compensator on the muzzle, a red dot scope, speedloader(?),etc. Not to mention that coating on the stock (bedliner?), that looks like it would peel the skin off your face. What kind of trap would you be shooting with that thing?

3. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

It is a competition steel plate gun, the "run and gun stuff" for time.

4. JLJ0422

JLJ0422 TS Member

HEY If at first ya don't hit it try try try try try try try try try again !!!!! Then i guess go to the ATM and reload. Joe

5. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Dove Commander is exactly right. It's set up for tactical competition, as well as bowling pin matches and 3-gun matches (shotgun, handgun and rifle).<br>
    <br>
    The plastic guide ears on both sides of the modified shell lifter are for a shotshell speed loader. It's a long tube that has a slit running most of its length. A handle goes through the slit and into a follower. This allows shoving a full magazine load of shells in a couple of seconds into the gun.<br>
    <br>
    I've shot tactical competition, but my guns were not modified this way. Tactical shotgunning has had an equipment race not unlike IPSC, which ceased to be a 'real world" competition sport when highly modified guns became the norm. Having said that, it's amazing what these guys do with a shotgun, and they're doing it with buckshot and slugs. Sweeping a picnic table clear of bowling pins against the clock is a lot harder than you'd think.

6. CW638YORK

CW638YORK Member

Dove & Brian,

Thanks for the education. I guess it could be a good time if given a try. We dont see that kind of competition in my area.

Spring cant come fast enough !

Chris

7. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

Any gun blow-ups while they are spraying the pins ?? I doubt it , only happens at Trap !!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.