1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

10% of U S military non citizens

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by 635 G, Jun 16, 2013.

1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

If you don't believe me you can do your own homework. Any way, the end of our nation & this is my opinion. Was cast, when we did away with the draft. We no longer have a citizen military. Our military is composed of mainly, young people from economically deprived regions of the U.S.

Most of the military budget goes for salaries, family support,etc.

Bring back the draft.
    Its the best VOTECH known. Draftees don't need enlistment bonuses,etc

Just checked the current submarine pay @ my pay grade it would be close to $400./month When I served it was $55/month

Most importantly, is with an all volunteer military, the chances of members of congress having served in the military are just about nil.

Waiting for gn7777 to chime in-since he has or had a daughter serving.

Phil Berkowitz

ICC(SS) USNR ret.

2. yakimaman

yakimaman Well-Known Member

Bring back the draft we had in the 60s? NO THANK YOU! Another problem is that the draft simply will not work with today's military - it's too technical to be successful if manned by forced conscripts. And if you did start a draft - who would get deferrment? Wonder how long it would take for the homosexual community to decide they weren't fit for military service - fat kids?, single parents, college students - you going to make everyone serve - fat chance of that. There have always been non US citizens in our military. I knew and worked with an Irish immigrant who spent 23 years in the AF and did not become a US citizen until after he got out.

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

Actually had a daughter and have a son in now--

I do believe you should be obligated to do something for your country to obtain the right to vote

Why give that right away? What did you do to earn it besides being a product of an egg and sperm on american soil

It is insane

Earn the right- serve in a civilian work corps or the military- get your hands dirty if need be and mix with all economic and educational groups

Gene

4. Leo

Leo Well-Known Member

I believe this is by design. It is difficult to get soldiers to attack citizens of their own homeland. It is easy to get soldiers for hire to follow orders on foreign lands. That is why the dirty work is done by mercinaries. We are just preloading our military with people that WILL shoot Americans.

5. Joe Potosky

Joe Potosky Well-Known Member

Spent most of my adult life in the military. The last thing any of the services need is the return to the draft.

6. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Remember we defeated the Hessians--Britains hired guns---unless we have a truly citizen army we are going to fail. Rome failed when they farmed out their defense to foreigners. On one sub I was on, the ward room stewards were restricted to where they could go on the boat. They were Phillipinos, if the boat went down , we would die together. It just pisses me off that today, the underprivileged are defending us.

Phil Berkowitz

7. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

The draft. Always was for the "Have not's" going back to the Civil War.

blade819
    a have not in 1966

8. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Phil, in todays world, WASPJs are the underprivilaged. Privilages belong to the entitlement crowd. The rest of us have to work damn hard for our bennies. Jake

9. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

During WWll, the draft was for real, movie stars, major leaguers, wall streeters were subject to the draft---the draft during Vietnam was an abomination & it led to what we have today.

Phil Berkowitz

10. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Gene has been reading too much Robert Heinlein.

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

When I lived in a community that was relatively close to Camp Lejeune & Cherry Point--we had several young marines over for a thanksgiving meal & community party. The last get together, 3 were from South American & one was from Russian--they were not yet citizens. They said serving would get them on the fast track.

Phil Berkowitz

12. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

This month they have Citzenship and Immigration outreach. To get help with Immigration / naturalization issues. This is at Port Huememe Naval Station.in California.

13. mich746

mich746 Member

99.99% of the 10% are doing there part to become citizens legally and to simulate into the American way of life. I don't have a problem with that. My wife and step-son immigrated from eastern Europe. They did it the hard way...legally. Now they are 100% Americans living the dream.

14. flashmax

flashmax Well-Known Member

OP sounds like John ( SPIT ) Kerry. Where do you come up with this "economically deprived" Hotel Sierra? The men and women serving in the military today are from long time military families. Their fathers, grandfathers, great grandfathers and back through the generations to before these United States of America became an independent Country. My family has served since we came ashore in Jamestown and my Son and Grandaughter are serving now. How dare you make that idiotic claim. The poor and uneducated serve in the military while the rich college kids skate? Look around. The average enlisted Staff Sgt. has a BS degree and often enough a standard issue PFC/LCorporal has at a minimun an Associates degree. My son has 4 Masters degrees in addition to his BS GeoPhysics/GeoChemistry from The University of Texas. He got those degrees between wars.

Before ANY person can either enlist or be Commissioned he/she must be a legal resident alien. NO EXCEPTIONS. I don't care what the democrat Bravo Sierra machine spews. There are NO illegals in the military fighting for the USA. Not ONE. Read the law. In lieu of that read the link above. The fresh new legal immigrant to this country has more regard for and love of these United States than does the Philly Main Liner or Boston Blue Blood kid. Serving in the military is "below their station" they can ALL kiss my rosy red ---

Sheesh. The ignorance out there.

> Rant Mode = OFF <

Don T. Littleton CO

15. sddutchman

sddutchman Member

Phil,

Ease your rudder shippie. I just retired as a CWO3 in January after serving 28 years in our beloved Navy and things are not as you paint them. The foreign nationals that are currently serving are every bit as patriotic as the citizens if not more so. These kids are EARNING their place in our great country and spilling their own blood to do so. Being a hole snipe, I've had at least a 100 if not more work for me over my career and I'll take them anytime anyplace. They have the work ethic and the desire to do the best that they can so they can become citizens.

Just my experience.. and thanks for your service Chief.

Gerrit Hannink