1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$10 MORE PER CASE!

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Dec 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

Yes you missed something and the gun store people are idiots. There aint no federal law increasing the price of shells but the manufactures are increasing the prices due to costs. This has been talked about for months and months along with the other couple of price increases so far this year already.

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Just Shoot, I have not received anything concerning this. Prices have gone up on ammo but it is not associated with any federal law. I would be real interested in what they are talking about. Jackie B.

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Sounds like there trying to blame the $ increase on the gov't, as far as I know, nothing new like this has been enacted (the only hand the gov't has in ammo besides your sales tax is an 10% excise tax on ammunition due to the Pittman robertson act, which is, I believe, paid by the manufacturer (then of course passed onto the consumer). However, pittman robertson is nothing new, having just passed its 70th year. Besides, the govt would know better than to charge a flat fee per case, they would charge a percentage.

4. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

It's also a distinct possibiliy that the sign was either misprinted or misread - wonder if they were talking about an increase in prices on FEDERAL shells?

Scott

5. lumper

lumper TS Member

Scott ... unless Just Shoot is a total idiot, which of course he might be but I doubt he is a total idiot I would suspect that he most likely did not misread the sign since he put it in thoe "quoatation" marks and mentions federal law ... unless of course he is quoting something that he thought he read and then really has no idea at all and that would make him a ... well ... maybe he is but I still dont think so.

6. gcbluerock

gcbluerock Member

Federal, Wincheater, Remington, any other brand you can name, 15-20 % increase effective Jan / Feb 2008

7. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Back to reloading.

Jerbear

8. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

All those Mec 9000's I bought for $150 when shot went up and shells didn't are now worth a lot more! I will continue to reload, like I have since 1958.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.