1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

10 gauge for trap!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by TrapCrazy, Feb 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

My buddy Huntin fool and I went to our local club to shoot some hand thrown clays. While we were there these guys were shooting a Browning Semi-Auto 10 gauge. THey were shooting 3.5" magnums with 1 3/4oz of steel shot #6. It was pretty funny to watch. They shot about 3 boxes of shells. They even let us give it a try. Wow not a whole lot left of a clay target . I wish I would have shot some video of it.

2. k1200ltc509

k1200ltc509 Member

Well, actually (and how I hate to admit this!), I shot two rounds of "skeets" with a Mag-10 sutoloader. 2 and 1/4 ozs of lead # 2's. It as after they did away with lead for waterfowl. Really did good on those "skeets" especially the incomers. Not much left to eat tho! It was a blast! And yes I did say that! RG

3. Hunter1978

Hunter1978 Member

A couple of us shoot a round with 10ga once a year or individually once in a while for grins. I reload 10 gauge with a full dose of 7.5 to keep the cost down. Its fun to see the targets not only break but get shoved way back as they break to.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I was interested in a Rem SP-10, but my local club does not allow 10ga due to proximity of neighboring property. That meant no easy way to practice. So I stuck with 12ga guns. Still wouldn't mind an SP10 for coyote blasting, though.

5. Doug Brown

Doug Brown Well-Known Member

25 years ago, three of us shot a round of skeet with out Ithaca mag 10's. I don't recall what we broke, but I do remember smoking a high 8.

6. BILL GRILL

BILL GRILL Well-Known Member

Actually you can load the 10 down to 1 1/8 oz and compete with it in sxs shoots. It can be a lot of fun. Bill

7. porky

porky TS Member

A BPS(browning pump) 10 ga will allow 12 guage shells to be fired and ejects them as well. The brass splits a bit, but it will throw a good pattern and not recoil to speak of. I can't speak of any other shotgun, only the BPS.

8. dcb_wvu

dcb_wvu Member

ouch is all I got on this subject.

9. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

If you run into someone shooting a 10 gauge for all events don't say anything to piss him or her off because he or she has to be one bad ass Hombre ... lol ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

10. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

If someone was going to try a 200 target event with one all I would have to say is try not to flinch. LOL Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.