1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

10% Commisson

Discussion in 'Want to Buy/Trade Threads' started by Brayburn, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brayburn

Brayburn TS Member

0   0   0

I know before I start that this thread is going to raise a huge amount of suspicion and generate a lot of negitive coments, but so be it and here we go anyway. Would there be anyone living on the north east coast of America or south east coast of Canada who might be interested or might need a reciprocal arrangement in posting small "LEGAL" hunting and sporting items from America/Canada to the United Kingdom and vise versa when any small "LEGAL" item is needed to be posted from here in the UK to America/Canada when required etc. The reason for me looking into the above arrangement is based on the several times that I have found an item for sale on one of the US sites like ebay.com, gunbroker.com and then found that a lot of US vendors don't want to post overseas to the UK/Europe etc. One example a few months ago was that a US seller didn't want to post a choke tube overseas because it was outside the US now given that you can buy a choke tubes which is not a "GUNPART" in Wal-Mart and other general stores I don't see any issues at all in posting one to the UK/Europe etc, another example that stumped me the other day is that I have been looking for a Remmy 1100 camo fore-end in Mossy Oak Obsession for a 20 gauge for several months but when I eventually find one the seller would not post to the UK, yet again the seller thought that posting a fore-end which is only a lump of moulded plastic out of the US was taboo. Please hold any unhelpfull comments as I am not a wayward freeloader who is out to catch anyone at all as I would make sure that any costs for posting would be payed for before hand etc, as I am typing I am thinking that there might even be someone over there on the other-side of the big pond who is looking for "what ever ? which might be cheap, plentiful and would have to be LEGAL from over here in the UK". Kind regards to you all and how lucky you are to live where there is so much hunting and fishing in the big outdoors. Thanks Philip from a little place in South West Wales in the UK called "Gower" (Mia I liked the comments about the snakes and the spiders.)

2. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

There are quite a few regulations when it comes to shipping firearm parts overseas. Regardless of your personal opinion, a choke tube is a GUN PART, and a forend is a GUN PART.

For certain gun parts, they cannot be shipped to certain countries PERIOD. For other parts, there is a maximum value of $100. Other countries require special paperwork for certain parts. This is all complicated and time consuming to figure out, and even if you THINK you did it the right way, you probably didn't.

Its much easier to not risk getting caught up with the Dept of State because you shipped a choke tube the wrong way, and now you're looking at lawyer fees, fines, and possible jail time.

Bottom line is if you don't have experience with the import/export of firearm parts, and know EXACTLY what you're doing, its not worth the risk.

3. EuroJoe

EuroJoe TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

A choke tube is considered a "gun part" no matter how stupid that sounds. If you doubt me, try to carry them onto an airplane.

4. Brayburn

Brayburn TS Member

0   0   0

Thank you Chris, Skeetman and Euro Joe, over here the only parts of a over and under or side by side shotgun that are classed as "gun parts" are mainly barrels and receivers that our ultra strict shotgun laws define as being those parts of a shotgun that "bare the pressure" of the discharge of a cartridge and are required to be licenced unless de-activated etc. In the UK a drop-out trigger for a Perazzi is not a "gun part" and is not reguired to be entered on to a shotgun certificate whereas the bolt or piston carrier slide for a Remmy 1100 would require a shotgun certificate in order to be purchaced. Choke tubes over here are only classed as an accessory because on their own a cartridge will not fit into a choke tube !!!. Anyway has anyone got a Thumbhole Stock and Fore-end for a 20 gauge Remmy 1100 and some Remmy 12 gauge Briley REM X 2 choke tubes in light full and extra full in silver (un-blued). I have also got a shopping list for some good used predator calls in order to have a change in making the squealing calls for the red fox, what have you got that sounds different. Oh and also anyone want sell a good used Foxpro with remote and other bits such as a Perazzi 20 gauge wooded fore-end for a type 4 iron. Thank you all. Philip.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.