1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

10 Birds per Post @ Elysburg,Pa.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by aaastalker, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaastalker

aaastalker TS Member

What are the chances that the Management at Elysburg will be using their descretion allowing the 10 birds per post to be enacted at the major shoots this year??

2. K80433SC

K80433SC Member

If past history is any indication, I would venture to say that the answer to your question is "pretty good".

The 10 per post may not be the most ideal situation, especially for the elder shooters -- however, shoot management will use whatever decision-making authority they have to make sure that the daily programs are completed.

And -- with the field layout at Elysburg favoring certain banks during morning hours, which dictates starting times ; the ever-present possibility of severe afternoon thunderstorms in the valley, and their penchant for 300-target daily programs............

I'm not certain that 10/post is the initial objective of the "think tank" at Elysburg. What I am saying, is to be prepared for it -- should conditions arise that would warrant such a decision.

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Not to get everyone off track but do the major vendors show up at Elysburg?

4. Dusted1

Dusted1 TS Member

Quite a few of them do show up at Elysburg.

5. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Thanks Dusted. Mike

6. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

I shot both the Eastern Zone and Westy Hogan's shoots last year and neither shot 10 per post.

Guy Babin

7. BL350

BL350 TS Member

Dear AAAStalker,
    If my memory serves me correct, this option of 10 targets per post can be invoked on any day (and is in the program). The management at Elysburg is the best in the USA and has only used this when weather, number of entries, etc. exceeds their ability to finish in Day Light. They always put their heads together before they execute changes. That is why they put on the best shoots in the nation. I base this opinion upon my attendance since 1988.
    Jet Boat Bill.... Life member ATA

8. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.-Thomas Jefferson

True then, truer today....

9. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I concur with Bill. I absolute despise 10-per-post due to the pain I feel in my hips and legs from standing in one spot for that long - the effects of arthritis kick in after a few minutes and I find myself considering walking in place between shots. My one and only gripe with Elysburg management with regard to 10-per is that they do delay their decision until they are absolutely certain the change is required. Often that's after a lot of us who would pass on the event have already cashiered and/or have driven there. But I can't criticise them for that as I couldn't handle that situation any better.

Ed

10. alf174

alf174 Member

When I was there they did fifty per trap and you rotated thru twice per post without stopping (you took 2 boxes with you).

11. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

The question that also should be considered:

Is it better to "Limit Squads" or go to a "10 per post format"??

Personally, I like the 5 per post format....but if the crowd is such and the 10 per post format is used, well, that's better than turning shooter's away.

Curt

12. Cray

Cray Member

Alf174 is correct. Bring two boxes to your starting post. Run the first box and then start all over again. I've attended their state shoot for the last 14 years. Best run shoot in the country....baring none! They always run their shoots with the best interest of the shooter in mind. Once in awhile a shooter will not bring two boxes to the line, but that is the exception. Cray

13. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Cray, I hope that they don't bare anyone...otherwise, I wouldn't shoot there.

14. Cray

Cray Member

recurvyarcher: I meant baring no CLUBS in the country....not shooters! Cray

15. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

ok, I think you meant "barring." (*smile*)

Whooooosh...

16. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Co-ed nekkid trapshooting does not conjure up a pretty picture in my mind....

Curt

17. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Elysburg is the best! I love shooting there and they have that really nice "sixth post" down the hill stocked with lots of Uncle Jack!

P.S.

I've seen a trap shooter or three of the fairer sex I wouldn't mind seeing "bared"!

Devi, I'll take the liberty to apologize on behalf of my brothers of the trap field that you have no interest in our bare necessities--luckily we have others who disagree. Luv ya!

Guy

18. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

5 per post, two boxes run through it twice.

You get the speed of not having a "rest", but you get some movement for the old farts that can't stand still for 10 shots.

19. Cray

Cray Member

recurvyarcher: I'm Polish. I type with an "accent"!!! Cray

20. Joe Si

Joe Si Member

On Saturday of last year's PA State Shoot 16 Yard Championships they went from 5 to 10 birds per post. They let anyone that had paid on Friday the option of getting their money back if they didn't want to shoot 10 per post, very classy of them to do that!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.