1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

10/22 trigger package

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Fraz, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fraz

Fraz TS Member

Who has the best trigger replacement kit for a Ruger 10/22 to do away with that 5# pull. Thanks.

2. ky4some

ky4some Member

I've not replaced mine but I've heard great things about the drop in Timney trigger.

Mike Kamer

3. vpr80

vpr80 Active Member

I have the Timney and it's really good for the money. The best there is is the Kidd trigger.

4. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm happy with my factory 10-22T trigger. Someone must have had a good day at the plant.

5. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Kidd two stage - the best there is. You will need a thumb-hole stock to appreciate the control the Kidd trigger will provide.

Jim Skeel

6. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

I like the Volqartsen replacement group but the dang thing costs as much as a new 10/22. About $200.

Next time around I might look into something less expensive.

7. adhumston

adhumston TS Member

I've had Volquartsen, Jard, and Kidd... Kidd is definately the premier trigger of the 3. It is nice being able to specify the amount of pull you want on each stage. That being said, Vq and Jard are very good as well, and still much better than the factory trigger.

Aaron

8. Paul in Mn

Paul in Mn Member

Power Custom for $59.95. http://www.powercustom.com/10-22/parts_10-22.htm

Mine ended up right at 2#. They even include a short pin to ease the sear installation.

9. Tacoma

Tacoma TS Member

If you want teh "best" then get ready to drop $200 on a replacement group from Timney, Clark etc.
    Honestly, i've used the volquartzen and clark drop in sear kits to achieve 2.5# with reasonable crispness in a half dozen 10/22 builds. That kit is about $35 and takes 10 min for a novice to install.

10. cnsane

cnsane Member

In my first hand experience, Kidd two stage is the ultimate trigger. Anyone who tells you different has probably never shot one. The only thing I have ever used that is better is an Anschutz match trigger. And I have used Timneys, Volqs, Clarks drop insand most of the "parts group" triggers. Tony's two stage will run you three bills, but you requested 'best'. And get the straight blade option. I've got one straight and one curved, and will replace the curved with another straight, now that I have some actual first hand experience with both. Hell, get one of his barrels also. I've got an aluminum sleeved one that shoots almost as accurately as the Lilja I put on my other 10-22 pattern build. At half the price and weight of Dan's fine barrels. Mashum Linkum. Or if you want more actual first hand experienced testimonials, go to Rimfire Central and ask the guys that live and breath 10-22's.

11. Bubba

Bubba Member

Another vote for Kidd triggers. Available in two stage and single stage. And as cnsane says check out Rimfire Central for a lot more info.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

value of a jewell 10-22 trigger