1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

10,000 Singles in 10 Days

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RHAT, Dec 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

I had heard a few shooters talk about an event where a group of shooters shoot 10,000 Registered targets in 10 days, and all who complete it get a buckle,...

Does anyone have any information on this,???? I think It was in TX

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

At the Metro Gun Club in Angleton, Texas, If you shoot 10,000 targets in a particular target year, you get the buckle you mentioned. Charlie Long is the owner; Steve & Kelly Nylen run it. PM me and I'll pass along the phone number.

Neil

3. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Yikes!..I shot 500 pair of doubles(1000) total targets in one day..one time and thought I was gonna collapse. 10 times in 10 days....call the undertaker! Not to mention if it was singles! No way,man!

4. BMC

BMC Member

$2400 in shells (@$6 a box) plus approx. $250 per 1000 ATA fees ends up $2500 in ATA fees, so the grand total for 1000 per day x 10 days equals.....yikes....approximately $4900!!! I think you can buy a damn nice buckle for around $500.

5. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

So how many people typically shoot this? One squad, five squads, ???

6. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

BMC Alittle on the high side you think ?? As for ATA fees It,s once a day all day 100 targets or 10,000 same price .

7. BMC

BMC Member

ALF, someone would have to show me the fee requirement per 100 or 1000 or day. I haven't seen an ATA fee schedule that was day-based, but I could have missed it before??? The cheapest I've seen ATA fees per 100 targets is $25 per 100 (which is why I used that figure to come up with the "approximate" fee cost). Maybe one of the folks who have participated in this event can share what their fee cost was. I don't think the cost for shells is on the high side unless you are reloading for much less (damn that is a lot of reloads though).

8. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Where in the hell do you shoot BMC!? Here in Indiana, our normal program is 100 16s, 100 caps and 100 doubles and the ATA fee for the day is $4! Tom Rhoads

9. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

Just for some clarity . . .

BMC is talking about target fees, not ATA fees. The ATA doesn't get any part of the target fees, that goes to the club.

The ATA fee is $2 per day, no matter how many targets you shoot that day.

State Associations can impose an additional fee (Illinois is $1 per 100 so it would be $10 for a day of 1000 targets). Some states have a daily fee, some a per target fee.

Scott

10. BMC

BMC Member

Thanks Scott

Scott is correct, I should have said Target Fees instead of ATA fees. Sorry for the confusion.

11. phirel

phirel TS Member

It sure sounds like fun to me. I have shot 1000 registered birds in one day but never 10 days in a row.

Pat Ireland

12. mojet

mojet TS Member

Steve or Kelly Nylen tell us when the shoot is this year. I was planning on it last year and couldn't make it.

Thanks, Larry Moses

13. The Rock

The Rock Active Member

$4,000.00 (shells and targets) + meals gas and hotel in ten days. Ouch LOL

Rock

Jim

14. Mike Hessong* (MH*)

Mike Hessong* (MH*) Active Member

I am doing a "copy and paste" job from an e-mail forwarded to me on October 18, from Bill Hopper, with the dates of the Christmas Marathon shoot at the Metro Gun Club just outside of Angleton Texas. The phone contacts are listed below.

"We would like to invite you to join us at Metro Gun Club in Angleton, Texas for our Christmas Marathon we will began shooting on Dec. 21 and shoot till Dec. 28. And will be serving Christmas dinner on the 25Th
    We will be shooting Singles, Doubles, & Handicap each day"

Look forward to seeing you soon...Kelly

Charlie Long 713-254-8675
    Bill Hopper 281-455-4143
    Kelly Nylen 979-299-9426

The range is about 125 miles from us here in Victoria Texas, but I always try to go up and at least shoot for a day and get in a few hundred targets. The meals themselves are almost worth the drive up. Fun place to shoot and really some of the nicest people you will run into at a range.

Mike Hessong* (MH*)
    Victoria, Texas

15. Dennisw

Dennisw Member

Does anybody know the cost of 100 targets during the marathon.. better deals on a 1000.

Any more info on this shoot??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.