1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1 Piece gas piston vs. 2 piece

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by doublea, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doublea

doublea Member

Does anyone have any good or bad experience with the new 1 piece metal gas piston assembly on a new Remington 1100? My old 1100 (80's vintage) used to handle anything from factory to reloads. My new gun seems to have issues with just about everything. I have never had an auto stove pipe so many MT's. I know its not a dirty issue because the gun is clean. Adam

2. nanuk

nanuk TS Supporters TS Supporters

Adam
    Have seen similiar/frequent problems with the one piece ring---go back to the "old" two piece rings and those problems go away.
    regards
    Bob

3. 3on8

3on8 Member

WOW. I have shot tons of shells though my old 1100 with both 1 and 2 piece rings with out any problem?? Are you sure the gas ports are clean in the barrel??

4. rick979

rick979 Active Member

I prefer the old two piece ring. They cycle shells better in my gun.

5. JJJ

JJJ TS Member

I keep the one piece ring that came with my Classic as a spare. I have fewer

problems with the old 2 piece rings. I have never had a problem with the two piece.

Keep the gas ports clean & use the two piece & your problems will be solved.
    Joe Jordan

6. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've used both. Never had a problem with the "one piece" ring. It's actually two rings nested together. One thing to look out for are the ring gaps. Make sure they're 180 degrees apart. If they're aligned, too much gas can blow by them.

7. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Banned User Banned

I have seen different guns prefer one over the other. I generally install the one piece first. If it sticks in the barrel extension, it will generally give problems. Then, I install a two piece.

Older, high mileage guns seem to like the one piece. YMMV

8. Texas Yankee

Texas Yankee Member

My six year old 1100 TC came with the one piece piston and it broke after about 2500 rounds of light loads. I called Remington and they sent me the two piece piston at no cost to me and have been shooting it ever since with no problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

two piece pistons vs one piece

remington 1100 1 piece gas piston

remington 1100 1 piece piston vs 2 piece

remington 1100 cycles better using new gas piston part

remington 1100 new piston

remington 1100 one piece gas piston

remington 1100 piston 1 piece or 2 piece

remington 1100 two piece gas piston