1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1 oz.recipe for CB1118 Claybusters

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis McC, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis McC

Dennis McC TS Member

Claybuster says the CB1118 wads (WAA12 look-a-likes) can be used for 1 oz. loads. Anybody have any recipes? I've got 4000 and I only shoot 1 oz. Checked with Claybuster and they only came up with 1 recipe for rem shells and Green Dot.

2. Ljutic111

Ljutic111 TS Member

I used them with 15.6 gr. of 700X and raised the rod so they didn`t set so deep before they were crimped . Seemed to shoot a bit softer also . Used them all up then went back to the 1 oz wads .

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I have been using the CB1118 wads for 1 oz. loads as I transition to Downrange 1 oz. XLs...I'm using Rem. hulls, Win 209 primer, 1 oz. #8s, and ~17.3 gr. Clays. Loads, crimps, and shoots just fine. Best Regards, Ed

4. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

Forget green dot. Get some faster burning powder. Use 700x, Promo or Nitro100. Lots of load data out there for those. Jim

5. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

Save your 1 1/8 wads for hunting and just buy 1 oz wads. That would be the best thing to do.

6. wlc

wlc Member

I've used the 1118 wads in HSAA hulls with 1 ounce of shot and Red Dot. The crimps dish a little but they work OK.

7. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

I remember there used to be LOTS of data for 1oz. loads in the 1 1/8oz AA wad [which this is a clone] before the advent of the 1oz. AA pink wad.
    The key is NO wad pressure.
    I will try to look thru some of my old loading books.

8. tallpaul

tallpaul Member

Why not sell or trade them to someone at your club and replace them for the 1 oz. version? There's always lots of wheeling and dealing at my club when it comes to components. Lots of the trap guys shoot the ounce and an eighth, whereas the skeet guys like the one ounce for their game.

9. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

The CB 1118 wads are not my choice for 1 1/8 or 1 oz...just bought a few bags when I didn't know about Downrange. I am simply using them up for 1 oz. for practice loads...once they're gone, I won't buy any more...switched to Downrange...much better wads. Best Regards, Ed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

cb1118 1oz loads

claybuster cb1118 12 reloading data