1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1 OZ 12 Ga Loads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Slipbobber, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slipbobber

Slipbobber TS Member

I'm looking for a couple good 1oz 12ga loads, one with a Rem type wad and one with a AA type wad that DON'T crimp in so bad I'm loosing BBs out the end of the shell. Now, I use Green Dot, and 1 1/8oz loads at 1200 fps, I usually use RXP Rem wads or AA wads or Blue Duster in those loads because my 11-87 won't shoot doubles reliably with lighter loads. I either use AA empties or those 1oz Rem Black hulls used for field loads, I've got a ton of those. Any suggestions? Don't need these to shoot doubles reliably, I'd just be using these shells for singles on trap. Later

2. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

I use claybuster 1oz wads,17gr red dot 1oz recycled shot in a remington hull it doesnt seem to make any differance which remington hull! AA shells dont like my mec650 reloader and too many problems with federal hulls coming apart. I get up to 10 reloads with the sts and handicap remington shells and 4 or 5 out of gunclub.

3. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Remington Hull<br>
    Winchester 209 Primer<br>
    17-ish grains of Hodgdon Clays (adjust +/- half a grain to suit yourself)<br>
    Downrange XL-1 neon green wad (or WAA12SL pink wad or Green Duster wad)<br>
    One ounce of 8-1/2 shot

4. Slipbobber

Slipbobber TS Member

I'm looking for a couple good 1oz 12ga loads, one with a Rem type wad and one with a AA type wad that DON'T crimp in so bad I'm loosing BBs out the end of the shell. Now, I use Green Dot, and 1 1/8oz loads at 1200 fps, I usually use RXP Rem wads or AA wads or Blue Duster in those loads because my 11-87 won't shoot doubles reliably with lighter loads. I either use AA empties or those 1oz Rem Black hulls used for field loads, I've got a ton of those. Any suggestions? Don't need these to shoot doubles reliably, I'd just be using these shells for singles on trap. Later

5. melbournemike

melbournemike TS Member

I use claybuster 1oz wads,17gr red dot 1oz recycled shot in a remington hull it doesnt seem to make any differance which remington hull! AA shells dont like my mec650 reloader and too many problems with federal hulls coming apart. I get up to 10 reloads with the sts and handicap remington shells and 4 or 5 out of gunclub.

6. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Remington Hull<br>
    Winchester 209 Primer<br>
    17-ish grains of Hodgdon Clays (adjust +/- half a grain to suit yourself)<br>
    Downrange XL-1 neon green wad (or WAA12SL pink wad or Green Duster wad)<br>
    One ounce of 8-1/2 shot

7. EE

EE Banned User Banned

I load essentially the same as timb99's load, except I use a Winchester pink AASL wad, or a clone of it.

EE

8. TjayE

TjayE Member

If your shot is falling out the end of the shell, you are not using the right wad for the one ounce reload. Tom

9. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

I second MelbourneMike's Red Dot load.
    Some people think I am an idiot for dumpster diving for once fired Rem. gunclub
    shells but they load great and I can get BOXES full for free.

10. Erik W

Erik W Member

Am I last person shooting 700X? It makes a nice 1oz load with AA (or Rem)case and 1oz CB wad.

11. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Any Remington hull,Gun Club,STS, Nitro or Gamclub:
    Claydot powder, CCI 209--16.6 grs, Cheddite, Noblespot primers 17.5 grs,downrange tgt-12 wads

Any of the above will give you 1185-1200 FPS, with magnum 81/2 shot smokes targets to the 23.

Phil Berkowitz

12. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

In the Old style AA hull I use 19.5 grains green dot and the W12sl wad and it runs 1235 fps" but " I would keep the shells warm if your in 45 degree or colder weather.I shot a 97 and a 98 from the 22 yard line using this load.

13. acorange

acorange Well-Known Member

Erik W. you AND my Dad are the last 700X shooters left.
    He always brags about how much less powder he has to load than my Red Dot shells.
    I think he only loads 15.5/16 gr. with 1OZ. claybuster.

14. wolfram

wolfram Well-Known Member

Timb99 is showing a great 1 Oz load, my favorite also. Other wads that work for this load incluted the TGT12 remington or the WWSL pink. You should expect the final crimp to look like factory with all of these wads -no innies or outies.

The load Tim listed will also cycle the Reminton 1187 or 1100's perfectly assuming you don't have a magnum barrel on it.

15. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

WW pink/Remington Green + any good powder and you should be in business.

Neil

16. FAT-BOY

FAT-BOY TS Member

if your shot is falling out, lower your initial crimp station.

17. chipped99

chipped99 Active Member

Acoorange,they ain't the last 700-x shooters I can promise you and your Dad is right.As far as a decent 1oz. load goes,try 18.5 grains of this great powder,waa12sl CB wad,red or green hull and winchester primer(or Fiocchi)and bust em with hard 8's.Works for me..Been shooting this load about 12 years and the old Perazzi ain't blowed up yet!Cycles the 391 as well. Tony

18. Landshark

Landshark Member

I am using 18.5 grains of Clays, Rem STS hull,TGT wad, and #8 shot. It patterns great and destroys targets. Its also a little stout. I think I will load the next batch with 17.5-18.0 grains and see how I like it.

19. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Well-Known Member

Those black Remington hulls load great. I load mostly STS hulls now but have loaded a "ton" of those black hulls in the past. DownnRange XL-1 wad- 17.5 grains Promo or Red Dot- Fiocchi or Remington primer and 1 oz. magnum shot. It's a great load. Ed.

20. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

Erik W

I am stuck on 700X also. In the last couple of years, Clays, Clay Dot, Red Dot have all gone through my bottles. But I always come back to 700X. Use just a bit less, meters well, just seems to work better for me. Nothing wrong with the others, just me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
1 oz 12 ga loads using old style winchester aa hulls

1 oz 12 gauge loads

700x vs red dot in 12 ga 1 oz loads

clay dot for 1oz 12ga

clays 1 oz 12 gauge loads
green got with 1 oz 12ga
loads for 12ga bbs
red dot powder with 1oz shot