Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

1 more ? on bps trap

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  threedeuces 
#1 ·
i was reading some other threads on here they said theres some kind of switch for loading single shells do they all have this its not in the book and i dont see it

#2 ·
I just handled one at our local gun shop last night. The switch is only on the trap model made in the last couple of years. It is a collar that rotates on the magazine tube and it allows you to feed a shell directly into the chamber. The older ones you had to feed it into the mag tube and then rack it in. It is a pretty good feeling gun and for the money I don't think you could go wrong.

Tom

G
#3 ·
They made a run of the BPS trap for the 2005 shot show. These are just like the ones that are currently being produced, but no selector.

As Tom stated, the selector is at the base of the magazine tube where it meets the receiver.

ec90t

#5 ·
I have a regular BPS and you don't have to put the shell in the magazine tube. You move the pump until the "fingers" are toward the top fo the receiver and then slip the shell in to the chamber.. Don't know if it is the same for the trap model. It is a little wierd at first, but quickly becomes second nature.

Mike

#6 ·
If I have it set on repeat you can do the same with the trap BPS I have, you just move the fore arm slightly and the fingers move to the top of the receiver so you can slide a shell in, In the single mode the fingers stay at the top of the receiver at all times.

#7 ·
The BPS is a lot of shotgun for the money -- in both the trap version or standard. The mag stop is nice but those who shoot the standard version in the clay sports quickly learn how to operate it efficiently and courteously. Pretty good all-around shotgun in my experience.

-Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.