1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1 eyed Hold Points

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by highrib, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. highrib

highrib Member

A question for those who use tape on the non shooting eye lens. After applying the tape where do you hold vertically(on the lip,over, etc).

Billy Wood

2. Jeff P

Jeff P Well-Known Member

I have tape - my eyes are slighty crossed, so I see TWO houses, two barrels and two targets when I put the gun up if I don't tape or close one eye.

You almost have to hold right down on the house - or the target will beat you out. I hold right on the lip for singles, and often right on the back edge of the house for handicap from the 25.

Might be good guidelines for you to start with - then try moving a bit up or down. I'd try to hold as high as you can and still break targets, so start on the lip, and then move it up six inches. Then six inches again....

good luck.

jeff

3. zzt

zzt Well-Known Member

If I'm shooting one eyed I have to see the target leave the house, so I hold on the front lip or lower.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.