1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1 eye doubles

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by PAK, Dec 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PAK

PAK Member

I am trying to shoot doubles with one eye. I flinch when i shoot with both eyes open. Any ideal. With both eyes opened i could spot shooted the first target and shot scores 90-96, but still flinch at 2 or 3. now with the one eye i am lost. any ideal.

2. Stl Flyn

Stl Flyn Well-Known Member

Wait a minute. You shoot 90 to 96 percent, and two or three of those misses come from flinches. So now you are going to try with just one eye. What? OPEN YOUR EYES! Jon

3. PAK

PAK Member

Both eyes cost me 2-3 birds per 100 in all 3 events. Im tired of it. Would like to shoot 97- 100.

4. thomaslea1

thomaslea1 Member

Scotch tape your lens ("magic dot"). Takes one eye out of the aiming process but leaves you with depth of field.

5. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

I dont' believe its what you think. If you had eye problems re dominance of the wrong eye, you wouldn't be shooting the high scores you have. you would be shooting much lower scores. Flinching is a complicated thing. Flinching is a brain fart where the brain refuses to accept the target and interrupts the trigger pull. But eye dominance is such a disaster that you just couldn't have those scores unless your eyes were good.

6. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

Time for a release trigger!! Jake

7. Jawhawker

Jawhawker TS Member

What possibly was the problem with two eyes was the fact that it sounds as though you were holding a high gun on the first target and trying to "trap the target". This type of shot execution tends to cause that type of response when bird is slightly off course, slow pull, loose sight of bird coming up, just freak out for whatever reason, etc. Try lower hold point and continue to use both eyes.

It will be much easier making the move to the second target with a gun in motion versus starting a still gun to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.