1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$1.75 Million For WSRC Toilets

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RLC323, Oct 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RLC323

RLC323 Member

The Illinois Senate recently passed SB1110 a "capital construction" plan that includes 13 billion in projects. Among those listed was $1.75 million for 17 toilets and access sidewalks to replace rented portable toilets at the WSRC in Sparta.

The bill is awaiting action from the House. Lawmakers could take up the issue when they return this week for the fall veto sesion.

Reported in todays State Journal Register, for the full story the web link is above.

2. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Those must be some l-o-n-g sidewalks.............

3. GoldEx

GoldEx Active Member

One has to ask...... Exactly what are these toilets made out of and what kind of structures are they being placed in???? $1.75 million? How many miles of sidewalk to access these new toilets do they get for the $1.75Mil?

Jeff

4. FelixD

FelixD Member

Hey! Your in Illinois now. Get use to it. Excrement is expensive.

5. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

You might try using your brains for a change. Now think, wouldn't they have to be made handicap accessable and depending on the number that is totally not out of line. Also the cost of running water and sewer lines or do you just want it to accumulate. I suppose you want them to just put in a three holer with the half moon in the door. Talk about anal retentive.
    Don

6. Cherokee Kid

Cherokee Kid TS Member

Must be made from thenproverbial brick. However, this just goes to show the committment to Sparta from the state. Thanks!

7. ljutic231

ljutic231 TS Member

Well if I remember correctly the U<S>Government spent some serious dollars for
    some hammers and some toliets several years ago, I guess that inflation has to be in Il.

8. code5coupe

code5coupe Member

Even three miles of water and sewer shouldn't cost anywhere NEAR 1.75M in USD.

Heck, I'd rent a bobcat for a week and have it in for HALF that!!!! :)

9. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

I'd love to be the first one to take a dump in one of those high-dollar pots. Might be better than out back under the persimmon tree. Oh, and I don't have to worry bout the possums stealing my persimmons either.

10. trapshootin hippie

TRON, IT'S NOT JUST YOU.

11. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

hm

12. trapshootin hippie

I can hear ya, but ya got a line thru ya. Guess we got lined out.

13. tachyon

tachyon Member

</s> Ljutic231 used a set of less than/greater than signs around the s in US. That caused the software to parse the information as a strike through.

14. trapshootin hippie

OICU812, good guess. Wanna toke???????? LOL

15. tachyon

tachyon Member

Now that we are back to normal.
    The cost of a "public" restroom is orders of magnitude greater than a private residence.

Some considerations.... The location is remote. There is not any sewer/water except for wells/septic. They must meet ADA requirements (a great thing given that trapshooting is one sport where those in wheelchairs can compete on an equal footing with other individuals).

The average "vault" type facility in the San Diego area runs about $200,000. This includes doors that are wheelchair accessable (push button openings), electrical service, vault waste holding/cleanout, vents, grafitti resistant surface finish, well pressure improvements, water quality monitoring, security doors, etc. etc. .....

A green toilet (self composting, water conserving fixtures) costs even more.

16. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

BIG DON - It is time to stop using common sense, and/or actual costs. After all code/coupe will rent a bobcat and get the job done in half the time and haft the costs. After all he appears to be an expert, without any knowledge of how and/or where the job will be. We need the assistance of such gifted soles. Or should I place that in a different location. - Jim

17. jbmi

jbmi Well-Known Member

I'm hoping some of that will include a second or third shower/toilet building for the camping area. The one they have is nice, but not big enough to handle 1100 camp sites.

18. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Slugger...That is just not true!!.....At Cardinal Center they have an Olympic sized pool and the people just wizzed in there while swimming...I know I did !!!!!!!!!!........Uncle Sam, Pa.

19. trapshootin hippie

Irfner, ain't no hookers in Illinos, so they might work there. What ya think? Quick, lemme git my gun.

20. primed

primed Well-Known Member

At the Minneapolis / St. Paul airport, the toilets are already in place but they say it will take 1.25 Million just to put in new partitions so Idaho senators can stay out of trouble. The new ones will be three inches from the floor so you can't stick your head through under the partition. Given the choice, I would just as soon see the Sparta upgrade.

Bob

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.