1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1,500 10 yr old english blanks for sale

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by blizzard, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

very interesting, gordy. keep us posted.

2. Baron23

Baron23 Well-Known Member

"but one thing for sure he will get a fair price."

Gordy - I completely respect that kind of attitude. Good for you. I hope that this wood benefits both him and you in a fair deal...oh, and benefits us with opportunities to buy great wood.

Cheers

3. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

Gordy' I hope the worst blank in the group is the best you have ever seen ! Jeff

4. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

Gordy....just knowing that there are 1500 pieces of English Walnut just awaitin' fer you to check 'em out warms the cockles of my heart....I eagaerly await news of what you've found!!

Ron

5. Big Heap

Big Heap TS Member

Does an "English blank" refer to a type of walnut tree or wood from England? Pardon my stupidity but I knew of many sales years ago of walnut tree stumps dug-up in old California nut orchards. Could this be the source of the wood mentioned?

6. flylta

flylta TS Member

Gordy,

What is the average cost to have a blank turned into a proper stock? I have drooled over the wood on you site but have no idea what the cost will be to turn that blank into a usable fitted stock.

Good luck with this.

PS Have you ever heard of a gun stock made out of pecan wood? I have been offered and large enough piece for a stock and have thought about trying to work it down myself since it's free but didn't know if it is hard enough to actually use.

7. James L Balog

James L Balog Member

flylta

contach dennis devault he made me a stock. i feel no recoil what so ever and the gun fits like a glove. his prices are 1,800 for a tanged style reciever and 1,300 for a flush mount. plus possible fitting charges its the best money ive ever spent on trapshooting dennis is one of the nicest people ive ever talked to in my life and will make the gun fit you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.