1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1.39 KG 32" barrels

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by short shucker, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

My sporting buddy was showing off his new 682 Gold E. I was admireing it and asked if I could disassemble the gun and inspect the barrel stampings.

There it was stamped on the bottom of the monobloc 1.39 KG. I couldn't believe that a 32" set of choke tube barrels could be that light. I've seen plenty in the 1.43-1.45 range, but nothing sub 1.40.

ss

2. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

1.39 KG 32

Is it true that the difference between a 1.39 barrel and a 1.40 barrel is 154 grains? HMB

3. hmb

hmb Well-Known Member

1.39 KG 32

I don't know what the price of rice in China is. HMB

4. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

1.39 KG 32

It was just an observation. I know that weight can be a good thing or bad thing depending on the part at hand.

Most don't care or don't know about weight issues and how a gun acts/reacts because of the weighting.

I personally like a quick responding gun for everything but american trap.

As far as the FI getting hot, just make sure the latch is recessed or better yet a button on the front of the forend.

ss

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.