1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$1,250.00 added money to all 4 Ohio Zone Shoots!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by DuckDog, May 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

Shooters,

The 4 Ohio State Zone shoots will be held this weekend, May 16th and 17th. This year the O.S.T.A. has added $1,250.00 to the Lewis purse on Sunday's singles at each location. This added money is open to all shooters that play the Lewis option on Sunday's singles. The Zone shoots will be held at Airport, Middletown, Jaqua's and Cardinal Center. Please check out our website at www.ohiotrap.com if you need directions or phone numbers for the host clubs. Voting for State Directors will take place during the Zone shoots. Tickets for the O.S.T.F.'s golf cart raffle will be available at each location (see your Directors).

I wish everyone good luck and good shooting,
    Don Cogan

2. Dbl Auto

Dbl Auto Active Member

Don, thank you for the info! I also want to thank you for the time you gave Saturday May 5, 2009 at Jaquas giving instruction to some young shooters. I was there with my Nephew and he had a blast. You did a great job interacting with these kids, which is not always easy. Here is a pic of Grant, remember him?
    Doug

3. Herbert

Herbert TS Member

Why and when did our directors decide to do away with the state paid lewis class of $10.00 per shooter and replace it with added money to a lewis class you must participate in to be eligible for the added money?

A lot of shooters liked the "free" lewis class of before, me being one of them.
    So now I have to play a $20.00 lewis to be eligible for the money the state is "giving" back to the shooters of each zone. And each zone gets $1250.00 regardless of the wide variance of shooters attending each location?

Maybe this is covered in the minutes of the meetings of the Board, I haven't looked yet (did not think of it til now). I'll go look now..........bye

4. Herbert

Herbert TS Member

OK - the change was decided at the 10/25/08 meeting. I should read these things more often. Don Cogan recommended it and it was passed. Thats all I could find..

5. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Don, will you be camping at Jaqua's? The dogs and I are thinking about it. I just looked at the weather and it appears the rain will hold off 'till Sat. afternoon (late). See you there.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

6. DuckDog

DuckDog Active Member

JB,

My camper is already there. I will have Belle out running after the frisbe tonight! Hope to see you there.

Dbl. Auto,

Brad and I had a ball with the kids. It is really cool to see the look on a young shooters face when they break their first target. I certainly remember Grant and hope to see him again soon.

Herbert,

The $10.00 per shooter was instituted years ago in an attempt to draw more shooters to the zone shoots. Despite this "free" money our zone shoots have been loosing shooters at a rapid pace. The host clubs were forced to calculate this separate Lewis Class AND pay it out, then submit a bill to the O.S.T.A. for reimbursment. Not exactly host club friendly. The O.S.T.A. is trying this new program in hopes of attracting the shooters to come back and at the same time helping out our host clubs. I know everyone will not be happy about this change but the old way was not producing anymore and we don't want to see our zone shoots completely disappear.

Thanks,
    Don Cogan

7. JB Logan Co. Ohio

JB Logan Co. Ohio TS Member

Don, was waiting on what Mom Nature had in store for us. Looks better than earlier in the week. Won't leave Bellefontaine until the wee hours tomorrow. You'll get to meet the old dog, Mackenzie (Irish Setter, and I'll have Lilly the black bird/robin pointing deadly English Setter. Maybe later Sat. eve we can get them wet in the pocket pond out inn front of the traps. See ya tomorrow.

JB=Jerry Beach 8503917

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.