1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1 1/8 oz mec charge bars

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by leftex, Nov 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leftex

leftex Active Member

I've accumulated several of these over the years. I've converted a couple of them to throw lighter charges by making aluminum bushings and pressing them in but I no longer have ready access to a lathe. Anybody have any slick way to permanently decrease the volume of these?

2. rebelpenn

rebelpenn Member

Fashion a bushing from a 20 gauge hull. I have done it for years with no problems. 5 minutes.

Bill

3. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

My charge bars throw about 10 - 15 pellets (7.5s) short of a full 1 1/8 load...so I have been whittling on the shot cavity with a small rat-tail file to slowly (painstakingly slow method) to open it up to throw a full 1 1/8 charge. Probably a waste of time...10 pellets aren't much compared to the full amount of shot. Best Regards, Ed

4. leftex

leftex Active Member

I'd like to turn these into 7/8 or 1 oz.

5. brewmaster

brewmaster Member

I have used drywall joint compound to reduce a charge bar. It is messy when it is sanded down. If you do this, very little sanding produces a big change. I have not used this charge bar very much and cannot comment on how long it will last. When I did get it to drop what I wanted, I painted the white joint compound red so I could determine any wear. This might be a way to try a new charge weight, but I was never comfortable with the possibility of an increase in charge weight.

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Durham's water putty dries rock hard. I used it to fill some woodpecker holes in my siding and was amazed at it.

HM

7. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Durham's water putty dries rock hard. I used it to fill some woodpecker holes in my siding and was amazed at it.

HM

8. Jim e

Jim e TS Member

Try Scotch Tape On Inside Bushing. You Can Take It Out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.