1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1 1/8 Loads for Nitro27 with Remington TGT12S Wads

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Mike Michalski, Sep 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

Looking for loads using PB or Titewad or International Clays with 209P, STS/Nitro27 hulls, and Remington TGT12S wads with 1 1/8oz. shot. See 1oz loads but not 1 1/8.

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

I believe that Titegroup was the only powder that listed the TGT12 wads for 1 1/8 oz. They were the "Duplication Loads" for the Remington Nitros. SInce it was a VERY dense powder, a longer wad was used to get a decent crimp. I don't think they list those same loads anymore. Unfortunately, the TGT12 wad is designed for 1oz loads. It can infrequently be used for 1 1/8oz. The powders you listed are a probably bit too bulky to work well with the TGT12 for the loads you want. The Figure 8 is probably a better choice.

3. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

The original Remington Nitro load was 21 grains of Clays International with the Figure 8 wad. I remember cutting them open to see what Remington was doing and measured 21 grains of International. At a state shoot I enven talked to a Remington rep and he confirmed that they were using International powder. I chronographed the factory load that had published 1250 ft./s on their box and each of several shells came out at 1310+ ft./s. They were comfortable in a gas operated Beretta 390, but many people complained so Remington changed the powder.

Currently, I shoot a built "down" version of the formula: 20 grains of International with a Spolar wad [1 1/8 oz.], 7.5 shot size. It is between 1250 and 1300 ft./sec. Very comfortable to shoot with a break open trap gun. Fred

4. waverider

waverider Well-Known Member

The current Nitro 27 uses a wholesale version of TiteGroup and the TGT12 wad. When Remington first switched from International they used the retail TiteGroup and the TGT12 wad. Hodgdon only lists the 1 1/8 oz loads with the Fig 8 wad with TiteGroup powder.

I am not familiar with the density of PB, International is not dense enough to use the taller TGT12 wad. TiteWad would be the best to be used with the TGT12 wad in a 1 1/8 oz load. Actually, the TGT12 shotcup is the same size as Fig 8 wad, it just has a longer cushion mid section.

I would substitute the TGT12 wad for the Fig 8 with the TiteWad data. However, I would not load any that have over 11,000 psi with out some pressure test data.

Jason

5. KelleyPLK

KelleyPLK TS Member

Rem has special blended powder and its not for sale to anyone else ! Rem only ! But tightgroup and figure 8 comes close !

Pat Kelley

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
tgt12s wads in aa hulls forums
remington tgt12s
remington tgt12s wads
remington tgt12s wads on sale

tgt12s wads