1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

1-1/4 ounce for Trap ???

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by $andbagger, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. $andbagger

$andbagger TS Member

I've been shooting 1-1/4 ounce reloads all summer at ATA shoots. I find my scores have gone up a target or two per 100. I am wondering if there would be support out there for raising the shot limit to 1-1/4 ounce for all ATA. I think a lot of top shooters are already using 1-1/4 or more, so why not let everyone do it?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

First, I do not believe you are serious. And, if you are, most other trap shooters would not gain any satisfaction from cheating.

Pat Ireland

3. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

1 1/4oz used to be std 100 years ago...

4. PhillyD

PhillyD Member

Sandbagger, What pound test line are you using? You might hook some big ones.
    Surprized you caught one of the big ones already. Pat spit the hook, I didn't think you would go for that lousy bait.......Philly D

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

$andbagger: troll, I'd put my weenie 7/8's up aginest your 1 1/4 and your money, anytime. As would a lot of the people on this site.

6. $andbagger

$andbagger TS Member

No problem. I'll keep doing what I do best. Life isn't about cheating, but it IS ALL ABOUT WINNING. I ask a serious question to try and even the field, and look what it gets me. I guarantee you that several of the "big" shooters are throwing 1-1/4 ounce. When's the last time you saw a shell checked at a shoot? Or even at the Grand? I shot my 1-1/4 at the Grand this year to see if anyone would say anything. I even won a little spending cash. Oh well. I won't try to help you fools any more.

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Maybe people will be saying the same thing about 1 1/8oz. in the future. After all, it was the accepted load at one time many years ago!!

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

theunloader: Haven't tried them yet. Give me a load to try, AA or STS shells. I'll load some up this week and give'em a test. Hell, I broke 25 straight with 7/8's (7.5 shot) a few weeks ago from th 27. I'll try .5 oz. Whats your load?

9. Jerry944t

Jerry944t Well-Known Member

Well bagger you're not even decent at sandbagging/cheating or whatever you want to call it. Why stop at 1 1/8 Oz if nobody is checking. Open up that choke and use 1 1/2 Oz. That's got to be better. You're a real man, the recoil shouldn't bother you.

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

Troll....

11. Pump Gun Pimp

Pump Gun Pimp TS Member

Just shoot slugs and forget about it...

12. smartass

smartass TS Member

Everybody I know shoots 1 1/4 oz already.

13. Shooting Coach

Shooting Coach Well-Known Member

Just for grins, I loaded up a few 1 1/4 oz Super Pigeon loads to shoot practice singles with. The load did NOT break birds any better than standard loads. Needless to say, recoil was definitely a factor. 23 grains Unique with the big shot load made the ole' K-80 jump right in my face!

With the price of shot, combined with the recoil, these loads will not be tried again!

If a fellow shooter wants to endure those loads, GO AHEAD! At the end of the day, I will outshoot you. I will NOT be bruised, will not flinch, etc. These loads are hard on the gun as well.

14. nicky

nicky Member

Sandbagger you just had to let the secret out so might as well share the rest of the info. Which is a Herter,s wad and number 4 shot. Now everyone can be competitive.

15. lumper

lumper TS Member

MOM ... Nickys doing it again!!!

16. Uncle Sam

Uncle Sam Member

Nicky !!!.....Cut that out !!! Right Now !!..........Uncle Sam, Pa.

17. flylta

flylta TS Member

Hustleing people that you know have loaded weapons. Doesn't seem like the smartest thing a guy could do.

18. Hipshot 3

Hipshot 3 TS Member

I smell a Troll!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

1 1 4 oz trap shooting