1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

$1.00 gas?$25.00 Oil

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Cray, Dec 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cray

Cray Member

Merrill Lynch is predicting $25.00 a barrel next year. With the price of shot and oil dropping, maybe we'll be able to afford to shoot again next yr. Cray

2. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

Since most everybody blamed and bitched about the US oil companies when the price was high, I guess we can expect them to praise them now that the price of oil/gasoline is low and going lower.

3. philk

philk Member

Don`t worry, the powers that be will take care of the low oil prices soon enough.

4. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

Many may not have a job or income to pay for the gas or shot at any price ... Bill Malcolm

5. mike moncilovich

mike moncilovich TS Member

WOW! DRILL, DRILL, DRILL They say...Now the the Texas oil cartel says they don't have the money to explore and drill now that the price is down. Amazing they need 4 dollar plus to drill. Yet the gullible thought they would have cheaper energy if they did. Yes their political advocates were spreading this myth for them. Coal and natural gas are domestic and their prices increased dramaticly also as miners in western Pa are working for 20/30% (complete package) less than union miners 20 yrs ago. Lead is now selling at 2004-05 prices,will shot? Don't hold your breath...Mike

6. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Since I didn't blame the oil companies for the price increases several months ago, I won't give them any credit for the price DECREASES today. The price decreases today are due to the slumping world economy...... which means less demand for oil and other commodities.

Yes, I expect that shot prices will fall substantially by next spring or summer. That's why I'm not stocking up on components or factory ammo now. I'll wait until prices drop considerably further and then stock up.

Those who blamed Exxon and/or President Bush for high prices several months ago should now be singing their praises, but of course they won't do it because that would be admitting that they were wrong in their opinions.

Easystreet

7. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

Wait till Comrade Obama slaps a large tax on gas to pay for his "Green" crap, then we'll be permanently screwed...Bill

8. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

With unemployment expected to hit 9+% in the next few months, I expect to see everything drop. We may see deflation rether than inflation.

9. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

Just who is it that expects unemployment hit "9+% in the next few months"?

10. bkms

bkms Member

As an oil field worker, i see its only a matter of time before the companies will stop producing alot of wells due to price. Then everyone will shout, oil/gas shortage and watch the price spike then. I have personally seen it done by the big yellow! There will be very little drilling or other exploration until then. Cutbacks/layoffs are already happening in the industry.

11. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

Delbert: The Guru's on CNN, this morning.

12. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

Delbert,

Its been all over the news lately, I'll double check with grammie to make sure though ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

13. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

I don't watch the Communist News Network and don't consider predictions to be "news" in any case.

14. pendennis

pendennis Well-Known Member

A couple of days ago, the Saudis stressed that oil should be at least $75/bbl.

With oil dropping below $50, it's going to be difficult for any drillers to be able to generate a profit of any type. The prices for tooling, labor, transportation, and other costs, have not dropped accordingly.

This isn't an apology for the oil companies, just an observation of costs.

Dennis

15. Dahaub

Dahaub Active Member

Seems funny to me that in less than a quarter year after the highest profits in history the oil companies say they can't afford to drill because of the price. That's a good one. Ill bet you believe it too don't you? Do you think the oil company execs will file for public aid cause of the poor price of oil? Maybe we ought to bail them out too. Or wait a minute isn't that what got this great nation in the hole to begin with? The high price of oil? I'll have to think on it and get back with you on that one. Dan

16. Delbert

Delbert TS Member

If Dahuab knew what he was talking about, he would know that most of the oil drilling is done by independents, not the major oil companies.

17. Clayshooter08

Clayshooter08 Member

Did you notice the the "DEPT. OF ENERGY" that was started under Pres. Carter (WE"VE spent 31 BILLION SINCE THEN ON THIS DEPT ALONE) has not done a thing. Can anyone tell me why it was started??? I'll tell ya, TO RID US OF FOREIGN OIL DEPENDANCE!!! Well they've done a fine job??? CUT THAT DEPT AND SAVE $$$$!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.