1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

'09 Mustang frame

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by gun1357, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Someone ran into the front of my daughter's special edition Mustang. It doesn't look like much damage but the collision shop said it would probably be totalled, especially if the frame had any damage. Does that sound right? Ron

2. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I used to do a lot of frame work and no, that doesn't sound right....but, it's hard to say without seeing it. While the newer Mustangs front sub frame assembly isn't nearly as tough as pre-05' Fox chassis, it is not an expensive assembly or that difficult to replace. In most cases, it's simply a matter of replacing the sub frame assembly and whatever suspension components that are damaged as well. Sometimes the unibody will need to be pulled a little, but not a big deal. Someone who knows what they are doing can do this job within a few hours or so. This was what I considered my "Gravy" insurance work.

Jb

3. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Thanks Tron. That is what I was hoping to hear. Ron

4. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

Final chapter. The insurance company totalled the car. Sort of like parting out a Perazzi, the car is worth more on the parts market. Anybody got a Komen for the Cure "Road Warrior" for sale? Ron

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Hope they have the insurance that gives as good or better replacement or you might need to be lawyering up

6. gun1357

gun1357 Active Member

My understanding is the insurance company is refunding the purchase price plus tax. The car was purchased 53 days before the accident. Ron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.