1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

04 Ford need comments

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Frank C, Jun 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank C

Frank C Well-Known Member

I am looking at an 04 F-250 V-10 Triton, 69K miles, the truck is CLEAN, never towed or plowed, barely and scratches in the bed! question, how is the V10 and will it be able to pass ANY gas stations?? Frank C

2. Shooting Jack

Shooting Jack Active Member

Hi Frank,

It will haul about anything you could ever want to pull but it does so with a healthy appetite for gas. We ran 87 octane in ours and averaged 11 to 12 MPG all around driving. It is a very strong engine and have never heard of any problems with it in my area. Jackie B.

3. 4EVRYOUNG

4EVRYOUNG Member

My V10 Excursion gets about 13.3 with 4 people gear guns and shells at 80mph.
    On the way to the Grand there is 3 or 4 people gear guns 14' enclosed trailer with a golf cart on behind it gets about 12. It is a 2001 the newer ones may get better. Jeff

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I had an 2002 V10 in a F250. It towed anything I wanted with ease but I am sure a deisel will have more power. The mileage was about 14 in town or out but towing it dropped to 10. I persoanlly feel it is a very good motor

5. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Same here...my 04 gets a hair under 14 on pure highway trips without a heavy load..add guns ammo and gear, a 27ft travel trailer and 10mpg is it...it runs so smooth at 65 with the camper on back you dont know its there...it is a truly excellent motor for a truck andif that one you are looking at has been treated well, then it is just getting broken in.

6. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Pay for the truck in cash and take out a loan for the gas. :) 10-15 mpg is about all you could do. Great motor. V-10 smoothness and some decent power when you need it.

7. Frank C

thanks all for the comments

8. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Tim Allen loves the V-10, arhh arrhh arrrh!

HM

9. Frank C

OH, IT GOT SOLD! Damn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.