1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Jul 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Only took 41 years.

2. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

Less than 2500 miles per year, 200 miles a week, 30 miles per day. You must use it for commuting. Nice work. <:) Most folks can't keep a car for more than 5-7 years.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

3. WS-1

WS-1 Banned User Banned

An occasional bowl of rice seems to agree with the little rascal.

Congratulations! It couldn't have done it without you!

Kit

4. Brian in Oregon

It's only used for hunting and sometimes short trips when the wife's car is being used.

5. gcessna

gcessna Member

Does it still have the 6 cylinder in it? Toyota bought the rights to the "StoveBolt six " f/ Chevrolet. Great engine. Gary Cessna

6. magic

magic Member

Sweet FJ!

7. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

What a lot of people don't know is just how good those old Toyota's were as true off-road vehicles. They had an awesome drivetrain and the proven Willy's Jeep design and wheelbase for off-roading.

P.S. Congrats on the ODO rollover. Better get started on the second journey.

8. mark54

mark54 Member

I had the brother to the Land Cruiser for years. It was a 1967 Nissan Patrol. Same 6 cly drive train,but easier to get in & out of the back. The spare tire was on the left side & there were 2 doors on the back.You could open the right door without swinging the spare tire out. Years later, I think Toyota adapted that idea. Very rugged.

Mark54 in Lititz, Pa.

9. oskerspap12

oskerspap12 Active Member

How many pellets in that buckshot(000000) load??? 2?

10. Hauxfan

Hauxfan Well-Known Member

So.........Did you buy it when it first said (000000)?

Which would make it new.

Inquiring minds want to know.

Hauxfan!

11. trap906

trap906 Member

very nice, but what about that 71 or 72 chevy in the background ? now thats a real american classic. most sought after and probably the best trucks chevy ever built, 69-72. I dont now, but over the years have owned several

12. 1100shooter

1100shooter TS Member

SSeitz

I think your math started out correct, 200 miles/month but that is closer to 47 miles per week.

13. Brian in Oregon

[​IMG]

Actually it has a stock Chevy 350 V-8 in it, running a QuadraJet. Good low end torque, almost as good as the six, better mileage, and can maintain highway speeds better.

[​IMG]

The Mark's of Australia conversion kit has new motormounts, and an auxiliary bellhousing. The 350 is blue, the Toyota transmission and bellhousing are black, and the Mark's bellhousing is aluminum. The Chevy flywheel, clutch and pressure plate is in the auxiliary bellhousing, and the original Toyota clutch fork parts are in the black bellhousing. This also spaces the engine out from the firewall, which otherwise would require moving all the running gear forward.

The transmission is a floor shift 4-speed from a 79 Land Cruiser. It replaced the original three-on-the-tree.

I'm not the original owner. A coworker's dad bought it new. He was a doctor and used it to get to the hospital, practice and to make house calls in bad weather. My coworker inherited it. He put in a rebuilt six, but his son hot rodded it to death. I wound up with it when he got a divorce and still had kids in college.

[​IMG]

Here's a pic of it with the top off. The roll cage is aftermarket.

-------------

[​IMG]

As for the pickup, it's a 71 C-20 3/4 ton. But it has 1 ton running gear, including an Eaton 4.10 rear axle that's beefier than a 14-bolt. Must have been some sort of camper special option. The 350 was swapped for a 454. It's a pig for fuel, but it sure carries cargo. We've loaded it up with hay bales and pulled a heavy hay trailer without a problem. I've also put 3300 lb pallets of wall blocks in it. I don't have much use for it anymore, and will probably sell it this summer. The pictures make it look nicer than it really is. It ain't a perfect truck by any means. And yeah, it gets up and runs.

14. broadwaybill

broadwaybill Member

I had a 1976 Land Crusier that I drove until 1987 best 4wd ever.But kind of hard on the back and gas.

Fifteen two and a pair is four

Bill

15. Auctioneer

Auctioneer Well-Known Member

I did that to a Ford 68 4WD PU, Ford 68 2WD PU, Ford 1972 Maverick, Chevy Nova 1972, 1990 740 Volvo, 1973 Ford LTD all have rolled over for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.